Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobias

Success stories: ALL the foods in your diet

Right now I'm on a fairly paleo-style diet but I feel like I've maybe cut out/left out some foods.

So I was wondering to everyone here whos had success through their diet what are ALL the foods in your diet; I'm looking for some inspiration.

Ever since I started intermittent fasting (from 2pm-10pm is when I eat only, fast the rest), my skin has gotten progressively better. Oh, also giving up breakfast (which I've done for almost a year) helps me a ton. For instance, I would wake up for school at 5:30am, and not eat until 10:30am, which is is a whopping 5 hours.

A year ago, or well May 31st 2007, I gave up homogenized dairy milk, but NOT cheese. In about 3 months my face became much better to where if someone was 10 feet away, they'd think I'd have clear skin, heh.

My diet is usually: apples, bananas, sushi, unsweetened almond milk, odwalla superfood, kombucha multi-green tea, protein powder whey isolate, occasional cookies, occasional eating out, EATING MORE PROTEIN HELPED ME A LOT, kavli crackers with tillamonk cheese (for calcium, though I still take a calcium supplement due to calorie restriction).

Oh heck, I've also noted that when I reduce calories, my skin gets better, and I polled this forum maybe 6 months ago, and a lot of people agreed. >See here<

Oh yeah, exercise and get Vitamin D!

As for my face washing, I just use water and: (used to be BP like twice a week, lol; apple cider vinegar for a few weeks..that helped, and now just the salt deodorant deal, which I love)

Have you tried restricting calories?

I really hate to admit it but BTF you are probably along the right track. Even I have observed similar correlations. Sad for me because I am trying to bulk up. :(

Will have to find a way around it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

K

I really hate to admit it but BTF you are probably along the right track. Even I have observed similar correlations. Sad for me because I am trying to bulk up. :(

Will have to find a way around it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Show us a pic.

The point is that the huge majority of people are fat and even those who seems very skinny are fat and need to lose fat. Most people who were thin in their teen years start becoming sedentary and accumulating fat in the worst place and there's a whole process going on (which is way nowadys 27 year old already claim to feel old or feel like they're aging) which we believe to be due to aging itself but it's actually due to the way we treat our body. The issue is speficially one of body fat distribution. People don't really realize how much fat they actually have to lose to feel better and have a better shape. Most thin people are shapeless and they really can't figure out what to do. For example most people might have emaciated faces and fatty bellies. They still need to lose fat. Once the fat in the belly is lost the fat distribution will change and the change will beutifully fill without that happening to the belly too.

My opinion is that people can really appreciate how much fat they have to lose only when they start seeing their muscular tone below the fat. At this point they realize that without the fat cover they look very unmuscular and this is where they should push: train and exercise to improve your muscular tone and shape.

It seems a paradox because we all imagine chubbiness and plumpiness as something well round and toned. But it's actually the fat that remove shape from the body and that makes things less round. Buttcheeks are actually more round when the fat is gone. At some point a person losing weight must noticed them becoming very squary and not round at all and might feel tempted to believe that too much fat has been lost in that zone. Quite the opposite. That squariness is still caused by fat which is changing its distribution as it melts away. Below the fat there's a round butt.

I eat almost everything I ate before, just a lot less crap and more real, nutrient dense food. The only thing I've avoided completely is sugary drinks and snacks.

My diet is usually: apples, bananas, sushi, unsweetened almond milk, odwalla superfood, kombucha multi-green tea, protein powder whey isolate, occasional cookies, occasional eating out, EATING MORE PROTEIN HELPED ME A LOT, kavli crackers with tillamonk cheese (for calcium, though I still take a calcium supplement due to calorie restriction).

Have you tried restricting calories?

Yes this is a very important aspect of health.

Nutrition wise health can be defined as the greater amount of nutients for the least amount of calories. That is you must find your right body size and health level and maintain it by consuming the least amount possible of calories. All those people who claim that you need to eat a lot in order to super raise your metabolism and be at your best forget to mention that raising your metabolism means raising your oxidative stress, decreasing your immune system efficiency and accelerating aging. Even worse is gulpind down lot of calories while at the same time being short on nutrients.