Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Axsuul

Should I start on Accutane?

Hey guys,

My father is insisting that I try Acne-Statin moisturizer for one more month before considering Accutane even though I have been on it for one month already. I have tried Differin/Duac in the past and am currently on Finacea gel. I am a sufferer of extremely oily skin which I can confidently attribute my moderate-mild acne to. My father had the same problem but he claims that the Acne-Statin moisturizer conditioned his skin so it wasn't so oily anymore. So far, I still have the extremely oily skin and the Acne-Statin doesn't appear to have any effect. So just wondering, should I follow my Dad's advice or start a course of Tane? Thanks for your time.

Have you tried any prescription oral antibiotics? Most derms won't start you on tane until you've tried one for at least 3 months.

Try antibiotics first... (if you havnt already)

I turned down Accutane about 10 years ago, and antibiotics worked well for me for a long time (well until now, but im ust unlucky :P)

omg go on accutane! I used to get cysts and zits all the time, and now Ive gone months with clear skin and it feels amazing!

my advise is to ask your DERM what's best for your skin, not your father (unless he's a derm, which i'm guessing he's not).

Thanks for all your responses. I have a question about antibiotics.. are they are temporary solution.. that is, if you stop taking antibiotics will acne come back? Because I don't want to be on antibiotics for the rest of my life.