Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImNotCreative

Come on, Zit. Gimme your best shot!

DAY ONE

Today I started on 20 mg of Sotret. Which I guess is ok. Obviously, I don't feel any side effects since it has only been like 10 hours-ish. I am trying to upload a picture I took on my phone, but I can't figure out how to do it. If only I had my camera!!! (Damn you, Cherry Coke!! Damn you and your bottle leakage!!!) I actually don't mind the camera phone. It makes my face look surprisingly good.

Like I said I'm on 20 mg/day. My derm said I will probably only go up to 60 mg/day. I only weigh 115 lbs. I will be on it for 4-5 months. He hasn't decided yet. Hell, I don't mind as long as it doesn't come back. I'm sick of dealing with it. I feel like people look at me differently. (I really think they do. From when I was on antibiotics and my skin was nice to now when my skin is ick I notice a difference!) I hate waiting on people (I'm a waitress) and have them stare at me. It's not only totally rude but it creeps me out sometimes. And EVERYONE I work with has clear skin. It's so annoying. Then they complain about one stupid spot. Seriously? I want to scream at them. "HELLO!?!?!?! You're worried about one stupid, microscopic spot when I have Mount Vesuvius on my forehead!!!" ergh. So aggravating.

Then to make my day worse, someone I thought was my friend called me a loser to my face and told me I suck at life. Deh. Acne is making me bitter. :doubt:

Hey, good luck with your course. You'll definitely get the results you're hoping for.

As for the headache, I noticed them at the beginning of my course. After a month or so I rarely got them and if I did, I don't believe it was due to the Accutane. Just make sure you're drinking a decent amount of water to keep yourself hydrated. It will help with the oncoming dryness that you'll probably start to see within the next two weeks.

Best of luck to you.

DAY FIVE

All I can say is THANK GOD FOR CANADIAN TELEVISION!!! Without it I would probably be ridiculously miserable. I can just stay in on my weekends and watch endless hours of Degrassi. (It's my guilty pleasure.) That way I can be anti-social!!!! So, it's day five of being on accutane and there isn't really much difference in my skin. My lips are starting to become more dry, but not really bad. I already apply aquaphor religiously so they aren't too bad. My skin is getting really oily. Usually I only wash it once a day with Philosophy soap at night and then wash it with water in the morning. But I've had to wash it both morning and night. I don't know if its the medicine, the nasty, hot weather, or being a waitress stuck in a hot kitchen. Whatever. It's gross. Didn't really have a head ache today which was nice. I also went jogging with my sister's dog and didn't burn. That was really nice. I miss playing outside. I'm too afraid I'll burn all my skin off.

Ergh. Am in the process of transferring schools. I want to go to this university soooooo badly. I went for an interview and I think they're going to accept me and give me like nine grand for tuition, which will be super good because it's a private school and very expensive. I wish I had a money tree growing outside my skylight.... *Sigh* Can't have everything can I?

Increased oil production is good! That's definitely the Accutane. Your oil production is about to cease as you've known it. Hello matte face!! Woohoo!! :) I wish you the best on your course.

Yay, we are almost synchronised accutane buddies. I'm on day 14, and my face looks terrible! It was only 3 days ago that my face looked fine. Please be prepared for a possible IB and your skin will be extremely sensitive. I just tried extracting a single little blackhead and now I have a big spot there. Please for the love of god don't touch your skin unless cleaning/moisturising. :|=

P.s I get headaches most days now too.

Raggamuffin, I know exactly how you feel. I thought my face was starting to look ok and then when I woke up this morning, I have three new spots clustered on my chin. I don't even know whether I should laugh or be disgusted. They look so odd.... I don't think I even know how to describe them. (I feel I should mention how huge they are and that I am trying my hardest NOT to touch, pop, or even look at them.)

Siava- How did you stop picking at your face??? I'm about to break all the mirrors in my home.

DAY SEVEN

So it has offically been a week. woohoo?!?! I am not sure about how oily my face is getting. I do know that my lips are a bit more chapped than normal. I have been more agitated, but I think its just because of boy troubles. I have a tendency to fall for guys who can be so clueless and stupid at times. Also, I find myself getting angry at the stupid box my pills come in. I can't get the stupid pills out! I usually poke something through the back of the box at start an opening, but yesterday I cut myself. Any suggestions on how to safely get a pill would be much appreciated. On a higher note, I have been saving the pregnant women the pop out and am going to put them in my best friends bed. This should be hilarious.

I guess that's all. Nothing new to report except my cluster of spots that I'm trying not to squeeze. Sigh.... Good luck everyone!!!

Yeah, we are almost identical accutane buddies lol. I'm on 40 mg, and still not really noticing a change. I guess we'll see. I'm sorry about your headaches! I haven't gotten them much yet, just a few times at night. But hey, no initial breakout so far! How about you?

Oh, and good idea with the pregnant lady pop-out things!! haha the many uses...

Ugh. I hate the packets, too!! It's ridiculous! I can get them out relatively easy now if I pop the back off first and then pop the foil in the little space provided then curve rip it along the cutout. It's still a pain though.

As for not picking, I just stopped. It was very hard not to touch and scrutinize, not to mention the embarrassment I felt, but after a week the skin looked soooo much better. Definitely worth it.

Haha! I love the idea of your little pregnant lady prank. I should do that with mine to my daughter. :P Thanks for the idea.

DAY TWELVE

Am becoming increasingly sensitive to everything. Which is beginning to annoy me. I have to take daily naps to get rid of my headaches. I go to sleep around 4 and wake up in time for dinner. My face seems to be doing very well. My tripod spot has dried up. Somehow I was able to avoid picking at it. Huh....weird. I've always been one to pick at my face. Always. However, even though I didn't pick my tri-zit, I did pick at the blackheads on my nose and chin. I have never seen so many in my life! I seriously just brush my finger over my nose and they fall away. Then, five minutes later, new ones take their place. I'm not sure which is worse, tri-zit plus cysts, or this incessant army of blackheads.

I've also noticed that the top of my right arm (near my shoulder) is breaking out with these little rock like spots. They are really small and I've never had them there. It's quite unusual. I have a couple new spots, but not too noticable. they haven't sprouted up yet and I can cover them with bare minerals pretty well. I think two might turn into cysts. Great. Just what I need. My ex is coming back home in five days and I have two potential mountains to worry about. I hope they dry out. Is this possibly my BIG BREAKOUT!?!?! :redface:

So, anyway, I'm starting to dry out and am looking for a new moisturizer. I currently use Oil of Olay, but since starting accutane it has been making my face feel thick, leathery, and red. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried some of the Philosophy moisturizers. I use the Purity cleanser and I love it so I was thinking about staying in the product line. (I only wash at night) Any suggestions? Also does anyone else seem to be having a very dry scalp? Mine is dry and very itchy, which is odd for me because I have very fine hair and it gets oily very quickly. Sigh. I guess thats all for today.

Siava- You are giving me hope to not pick the tri-zit. Thank you. Maybe I'll eventually stop picking the rest of my face!

You can do it! :)

Hopefully your dry scalp will lessen as the oil production ceases because you won't have to wash your hair so often. Not having to wash every day is the bombdiggity! I'm excited for you. Diluting your shampoo and switching to something more gentle can also help.

I've also got those hard spots on my upper arms. I believe it's called Keratosis Pilaris (too much protein forming in the hair follicles) and is battled by moisturizing and exfoliating. Hopefully ours will go away once the course is over. *fingers crossed*

NIGHT THIRTEEN

Ergh. I have a spot in my ear that hurts. IN MY EAR!!!!!!

I'm also feeling very fat and ugly today. Am breaking out badly. I'm not sure if it's my new moisturizer or just the IB so I went back to my Oil of Olay. I also can't stop picking my face and work sucked today. I don't want to go in tomorrow. I want to wash my sheets, take a bath, and stay in bed forever. Unfortunately, there is something in the washer and dryer, my sister just washed the dog in the tub and refuses to clean it until tomorrow, and I have to work tomorrow. Like I said before: ERGH! I am bitter. Goodnight.

NIGHT THIRTEEN

Ergh. I have a spot in my ear that hurts. IN MY EAR!!!!!!

I'm also feeling very fat and ugly today. Am breaking out badly. I'm not sure if it's my new moisturizer or just the IB so I went back to my Oil of Olay. I also can't stop picking my face and work sucked today. I don't want to go in tomorrow. I want to wash my sheets, take a bath, and stay in bed forever. Unfortunately, there is something in the washer and dryer, my sister just washed the dog in the tub and refuses to clean it until tomorrow, and I have to work tomorrow. Like I said before: ERGH! I am bitter. Goodnight.

Awww lol! I've had one there before, very strange. I would talk to people directly face on and in a group I would sort of rotate myself on the spot like some kind of robot to talk to other people without them getting a direct view of the beast in my ear.

Pleeease don't pick your face. It's extra sensitive on accutane, the scarring isnt worth it and you probably won't believe how easy it is to scar until you get some. We don't want that happening. Wear oven mits when you are inside or something, like a mental patient.

DAY SIXTEEN

I'm actually having trouble keeping track of the days haha. My face looks incredible. I have, what people at my work call, cherry face. My cheeks are ridiculously red all the time. I look like I'm constantly blushing. Other than that I only have two new actives. One is small and near my hairline so I don't really count it. The other is on my chin, but not too bad. You can definitely tell that it's there, but I don't really notice it unless I stare at it. Even my mother commented on how good my skin looks. She was so excited for my skin she bought my new make-up. I love my mother. I got some Philosophy skin primer/moisturizer which makes my skin feel really smooth throughout the day, and keeps my make-up in place. She also bought me some Philosophy mineral powder. I normally use bare minerals, but the woman at the make-up store said that I might like this better. (I think my mom wanted it because we have the same skin tone so if I don't like it, she gets it.)

I also found this cool lip sugar stuff that took off all the nastiness that has become of my lips. It exfoliated them, but my lips aren't really red or raw or anything. I applied TONS of Aquaphor after so now they are nice and soft. Other than that I don't really have anything new to report. Yesterday I had a pretty down day. I was wicked emotional, but I feel loads better.

I picked up a new book to read and am almost finished with it, so if anyone has any suggestions on books please share. I'm a wicked book worm. I love pretty much anything. Some of my favorites are The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stardust, Water for Elephants, The Bell Jar, I Capture the Castle, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc etc etc etc.

I'm so glad things are going well for you!! If you don't mind me asking, what moisturizers do you use for your face? I'm currently looking for a good one. =]

Right now I'm using Philosophy's The Present in the morning and Oil of Olay at night. I used to use Philosophy's On A Clear Day, which I absolutely loved. However, I discovered that The Present is basically the same thing only in a bigger bottle...

Once my skin starts to dry out more I may switch to Hope in a Jar Sensitive Skin, which is also by Philosophy or look for something by Kate Somerville. (Her toner feels so nice on my skin.) I'm a Sephora junkie and usually browse their online catalog to find things that people recommend. They have a wonderful organics and all natural section on their website. Unfortunately, I live about an hour away from any Sephora store so I go to a local store called Making Faces. They have a ton of Philosophy and Kate Somerville products at reasonable prices, which is why I'm basically obsessed.

DAY TWENTY

I've been breaking out like crazy on one side of my face. It's so bad that it looks ridiculous and when I look in the mirror, I laugh. It is EXACTLY half of my face. The other side of my face? Completely clear. WHAT THE HELL, FACE?!?!

Because of my two-face look I refuse to do anything til it clears up. However, I don't mind because all I do lately is sleep. Like almost fourteen hours sometimes. Then I'll go for a run and come home to shower, eat, and nap for two hours.

I feel like a cat. Minus obvious licking fetish.

Meow.

Hope everyone's weekend is well :)

No weird spots on me. I'm really really lucky, I think. Almost NO negative side effects! But I've been moisturizing my whole body a LOT. I use a body cream on my arms and legs to keep them from drying out and getting bumpy from that dryness.

OH also, books! I'm somewhat of a literature FREAK. I really like J.D. Salinger, but don't start with Catcher in the Rye. Start with something like Franny and Zooey, or Nine Stories. The Zooey section of Franny and Zooey is SOOOOO funny in the begining. One of the only times I've ever laughed out loud at a book. I also just read Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. It is extremely creepy, but you can't put it down!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

I had exactly half of my face broken out and it is finally clearing. I had 10 cysts on one side and NONE on the other. I hated the "oh, do you hold your phone on that side?" comments.

As for facial products I am now using Aubrey Organics. I am using the dry/combination formula and it seems to be mild enough, thank goodness. I am interested in the Jojoba oil, where do you get it? Do you need to order it online? I'm all about natural as much as possible (except the Accutane, obviously!) so I like Aubrey because all of the ingredients are pronounceable... I've been using Burt's Bees and Jane Iredale lip balms, but I may be forced to try something stronger.

...looks like you are just about a month behind me, I started my course in May.

take care!

WEEK ONE MONTH TWO

ERGH. I feel like I've been on an emotional roller coaster lately. There are so many things that I feel are wrong with my summer. My job, getting into the right nursing school which apparently is not the school I am currently enrolled, my friends, money. Notice, however, my skin is not one of the problems. I don't want to jinx myself, but my skin looks great. I went to my derm today and am going to stay at 20 mg. I think it's a good idea because of my hair. It got to be so dry that it started falling out more. I started taking a vitamin B complex and using jojoba oil on my scalp and it has almost stopped falling out! Yay for that!! Side effects for day 31 include:

Achy legs

Very dry elbows

Headache

Chest pains (I had these before accutane, but I feel a bit worse)

VERY VERY sleepy (Which may also be the fact that it's like 90 degrees outside)

Thats all I believe. Goodnight

Eww. I have two giant spots on either side of my chin. They are probably equidistant. Ergh. The one on my right side is hard. I tried to squeeze it....bad idea. I'm leaving the left side alone. Well, at least I'm trying to. I think it started out as one cyst and is turning into a tri-cyst. Yes, that's right. TRI-CYST. Three lovely cysts smoooshed into one. It hurts to smile. Thank god I don't have to work tomorrow. I can barely smile at my customers let alone smile and tell them the specials of the day :(