Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have heard a lot about Vitamin A and acne so I am wondering how much vitamin A does everyone take? Or I guess if you don’t take vitamin A, why?

I just cannot seem to get a good dose; I get either a headache or pimples. I am vegetarian so I guess I could be getting enough in my food, but I am curious about others experience with Vitamin A.

I have heard a lot about Vitamin A and acne so I am wondering how much vitamin A does everyone take? Or I guess if you don’t take vitamin A, why?

I just cannot seem to get a good dose; I get either a headache or pimples. I am vegetarian so I guess I could be getting enough in my food, but I am curious about others experience with Vitamin A.

Hi, I was on Vitamin A for about 2 months. I started with 75,000 IU's a day. I would pop a 25,000 IU pill with breakfast, lunch and dinner. But just like you it gave me bad headaches, So I reduced it to 50,000 IU's. One pill in the morning one in the afternoon. But in my case it did not clear me up, I didn't really notice any change. I'm also a vegeterian and I'm pretty sure my acne is not from a vitamin deficiency. I downed 2 whole bottles of the vit A's. about 200 pills. But I stopped them because Vita A for a long time is very Toxic. Just because it didn't work out for me doesn't mean it might not help you. If you figure out the right amount please let me know. Best of luck!!!