Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godel

Keeping Track

Okay, well my senior year f high school just ended--finals, prom, graduation--you can imagine the stress right? And to make matters worse, I've been reading around that your face can get addicted to the harsh chemicals like benzyol peroxide, etc. So. I decided to go off everything.

I've never had skin this bad. Ever. I feel a little sorry for my boyfriend, who now has to deal with a horrible-looking girlfriend (lol?). Anyway, I'm going to continue with this gentle thing for a while.

I've found that being stressed about acne can cause me to jump from treatment to treatment, without ever really giving any one a good chance at working. I think we all do this: we look in the mirror, try something, look again, and jump at the newest success story.

Here's what I'm doing now:

- Wash twice a day with baking soda and water (lightly, no mask)

- Cetaphil moisturizing cream in the morning (it's a little heavy, but having my skin a little oily makes me think twice about picking)

I'm a recovering nail-biter; it drives my boyfriend crazy that I always have to be doing something with my hands. So picking is a real problem for me. I'm going to try to touch my face as little as possible.

Day 1 (06/09/08):

I have two papules on my right cheekbone, and a smattering of soon-to-be papules (I think). My forehead is the main battlefield for the small ones, which I need to remember not to pick at. Other than that, there are a bunch of the small ones plus a few whiteheads on my cheeks. Near nothing on my chin and nose (keep it that way!).

Day 3 (06/11/080:

My forehead is still plagued with the small zits, and two have come to head. I can feel many that have become hard--probably as a result of drying them out with baking soda--about the hardness of a scab that I could pick off easily. But I won't, because I'm on a mission not to pick. I've gotten two new red spots on my chin. Hopefully they will run their course soon.