Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zzzboy

Cleanser/Wash that Kills Bacteria?

Hello. I've been using Plexion cloths for the last year, and it has worked really great until recently. I have many light pimples on my chin and cheeks now, as opposed to none just a few months ago. I suspect that the bacteria has become resistant to the sodium sulfacetamide part of it (antibiotic), although it definitely still works to shed my skin fast.

I was wondering if there is another type of cleanser that will do the job of an antibiotic to kill the bacteria, probably getting rid of my acne in the process. I'm hesitant to try clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide as I have had horrible experiences with those, and I prefer cleansers now as opposed to creams. The cleaner doesn't even have to be medicated...I'll even use a special soap or something to kill the bacteria.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of trying Hydrogen Peroxide twice a day. I've only heard good things about it...any suggestions for what you guys use?

I know salicylic acid clears your pores and exfoliates, but does it kill bacteria?