Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ohtokyovogue

Going to the derm tomorrow

I'm going to the derm tomorrow because I have this really big thing almost near the side of my nose it looks like a huge scab or something but its a cyst. I have never gotten a cyst before it feels so deep and hurts so bad It looks like there are like three side by side or something I have no idea its not just a big bump it looks like I don't even know how to explain it. :ninja: I just want to know if it is a cyst what can they do for me and is it going to scar? Also I have modertate acne... but my mom had cystic acne do you think because she did I can ask for accutane just so I don't get it? Thanks

If it is infact a cyst or underground pimple, they can inject it. I had one injected a few weeks ago, the pain was gone almost instantly, and the size reduced dramatically in 24 hours and was totally gone by day 3. The only thing I noticed is it left a tiny purple mark where the cyst was. It is fading now, I guess I would rather have a little mark then a big bump.

As far as accutane, the derm will be the one to decide. I have never heard them use it as a preventative messure, only because of the risks associated with it. Its a strong drug. They might start you on antibiotics or something topically to prevent it and clear up what you have now.

Good Luck at the derm!

I highly doubt they would give you Accutane for your skin just because your mom had cystic acne. But from the looks of your skin..You actually don't really need it. They might inject that though, because it is pretty large. Other than that, your acne doesn't look too bad. & I like the lip ring. I want one SO bad :pray:

Was it an infected cyst, or just an infection? What did they give you to treat it? Besides that and the few odd spots on your face, it looks like you have really healthy smooth skin. I don't see why they would give you accutane.

Was it an infected cyst, or just an infection? What did they give you to treat it? Besides that and the few odd spots on your face, it looks like you have really healthy smooth skin. I don't see why they would give you accutane.

They said it was an infection and they gave me bactoban or whatever its a topical, and they actally gave me accutane