Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UTvol

Cold Weather Does Make Acne Worse

We had about 2 weeks of warm weather here, and my face was clear, now its colld as shit, and it has broken out again, and I have NEVER had acne in the Spring or Summer time, doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure it out!

I've got to agree. My skin is practically flawless in the summer and spring, and then breaks out horribly around october. My solution is to make like a bear and hibernate in the winter.

My face always seems to stay the same no matter the season. The only difference is that in the winter it gets so bloody dry. I hate that. I think the reason your faces are better in the summer is because you get more sun.

Mercer

I suffered just like you guys, the off and on season stuff until I started using moisturizer...It did help a lot and I recommend it to you guys...Also only wash your face 2wice daily and dont even gush water on it or else it will dry out like hell.

Guest fatman_uk

Agree with Mercer on the dryness cozza the cold weather, an also the sun thing, i reckon that helps, i went on a sunbed for the first time in bout 5 months yesterday (only for 6mins) an my face is almost totally tanned an in better shape than it was the past weeks, less dryness, no blotches, don't understand the less dryness thing myself so don't ask, its prolly jus a coincidence on that count... 8)

P.S - Don't overdo it on the sunbeds. :)

-Gaz

I can not tell you that it makes it worst but I prefer to stay away from extremes like hot/cold water , I always use (on my face , hair , body) warm water .

I to have noticed that I tend to breakout more when its cold. And I have been paying attention to friends faces who hardly ever break out. And they seem to be breaking out now around winter time. I think the cold irritates the face. I dunno

Guest fatman_uk

I think its the fact it seems to dry it, not only the surface but DEEP down inside ur skin.

-Gaz