Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mittwaly

My first attempt at help.

Hi everyone this is my first post...and i hope i can get some help from people with the experience :)

Well, I was about fourteen when i began breaking out...slightly, and has been getting worse and worse every since. I am now eighteen with acne that has been worse than ever. I have been visiting the same dermatologist for about 2 years, and has only prescribed 100mg Minocycline, 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash, Clindymicin Pads .1%, and Tretinoin .1% Cream which i put before i go to sleep, with everything else being twice a day.

Now, my concern is that...when i tried to experiment and see how my face would be without the medication...i had mild acne, white heads, and blackheads...but no cysts. It seems that after i take the medication...all blackheads disapear, and my "pimples" don't have heads anymore...they are just huge bumps..or cysts... i feel that this is in part of my medicine... What advice would you give me, and what exactly should i do? Keep using the medication..maybe switch to something less strong? I do not know. I also feel that ANYTHING that the dermatologist prescribes is always. better than anything over the shelf...is that always the case? Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for your response.

-Mittwaly