Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amylovehewitt

23 year old girl wanting to get laser on the chin

I want to know if I should get laser treatments here in Encino CA called LA laser. My acne on my chin has gotten so bad that its unberiable. I have even given up on the acting thing due to it. I keep breaking out with huge whiteheads and its sick. Ive tried EVERYTHING name it I tried it. Im on DORY X pills right now and tazorac cream. Ive been on the Doryx for about 1.5 months now and all it has done is make it WORSE. But i feel like it does get worse then gets way better so i am sticking it out. This week I am going in for a consultation for Laser treatment from LA LASER..

http://www.lalasercenter.com/acne.asp

its called acne photodynamic treatment... Would i be wasting my money to do this????? please seriously someone reply... thanks

To me, i dont know your past acne products that you have used. But, tazorac cream has done nothing but make people have much worse acne. Doryx may not help you in the way you would like it. Its an antibiotic that doesnt have much impact on acne, just a big impact on the amount of oil your skin releases. Your at the age where laser is certainly a possibility. You could also try differin or retin A because those to products seem to help acne in the T zone. But if you are really fed up with your acne, laser would be the best answer. But it will take four to five treatments of laser to really fix it up. Make sure that the Doryx has been out of your system for atleast a month before you do laser. Good Luck!

Where are the studies that show that photodynamic treatments work? So far as I know, there are none. The side effects are fairly extreme, and the results highly variable.

I have found NO SIDE EFFECTS! If you know of any let me know! I have only heard amazing things about this. Its like auctaine without all of the bad side effects. If you can find me the negative things on this i would love to see it!

i looked into this a while ago and decided it wasnt worth it as:

- some people reported bruising around the area where it had been treated

- it also showed in some people that it made them more sensitive to the sun, which i decided wasn't worth it as i already burn easily

- also i think :think: i read some where that you have to be over 18 to have it done in the UK but im not sure about that one, but if that is true there must be some danger in it somewhere

- also some people have reported that while the treatment was going on it made their skin look good it came back soon after the treatment was over

- many people have to fork out alot of cash before they see lasting results

- although it does have negatives there are alot less than some of the other acne treatments out there

all this info has purely been found on the internet though! so it may not be correct?

hope this helped though