Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so I am about to finish my fourth month on accutane, and ive been thinking about stopping. I am completely happy with how my face has cleared. I have red marks from old pimples and sometimes i get the occasional pimple, but other then that, i am clear. I live in Texas and the summer heat is here. I am constantly outside, so i am always getting sunburned (no matter how much sunblock i put on), i am always sweating a whole lot and constantly red when i am outside. Is it a bad decision to quit early? I am really really sick of this stuff...

If you quit before the 6 month is up the acne can come back. You have came this far, just stick it out. Wear a big hat or something. I live in NM and I understand what you mean about the heat it sucks but just stick it out. I asked my derm about quitting early and he said all the time I have spent taking the drug would be wasted because the acne will more than likely come back. It should say something on the info packet for the meds you are taking. I am taking Claravis and I remember the info packet saying something to the effect of if you don't stay on the course for atleast 5 months the acne will come back. You have to be completely clear for one full month before stopping the course. STICK IT OUT!!!!

If you quit before the 6 month is up the acne can come back. You have came this far, just stick it out. Wear a big hat or something. I live in NM and I understand what you mean about the heat it sucks but just stick it out. I asked my derm about quitting early and he said all the time I have spent taking the drug would be wasted because the acne will more than likely come back. It should say something on the info packet for the meds you are taking. I am taking Claravis and I remember the info packet saying something to the effect of if you don't stay on the course for atleast 5 months the acne will come back. You have to be completely clear for one full month before stopping the course. STICK IT OUT!!!!

Not true.

I hav no backup proof but i dont see how thats true too.

But since its recommended that you finish it..just do it i guess... unless its affecting your health. :blush: