Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I post a follow up on my condition every now and then.. 1 and 1/4 months in now.. And well just as it started to look like it was going to clear up, a big, bad breakout is in the process as we speak. I gotta go to school tommorow n im really not looking forward to it. Summer vacation starts in one week from tommorow and I will not be able to enjoy it.

Pretty pissed, but I guess I've been told that it can take 3 months.. which really sucks as that will be the end of my summer vacation :P. Oh well. Gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.

I do have a question I would like to know though. How does accutane start to show its working for good? I remember when minocycline worked for me last year(best time of my life for a long time) it began to just kill the bumps off before they'd become pimples. I mean like you would see the bump forming and feel it but it would not be inflamed or painful, and it would disapear before even noticeable to the average eye. Does accutane start to work similar or does it just at one point stop the bumps altogether?

Well I post a follow up on my condition every now and then.. 1 and 1/4 months in now.. And well just as it started to look like it was going to clear up, a big, bad breakout is in the process as we speak. I gotta go to school tommorow n im really not looking forward to it. Summer vacation starts in one week from tommorow and I will not be able to enjoy it.

Pretty pissed, but I guess I've been told that it can take 3 months.. which really sucks as that will be the end of my summer vacation :P. Oh well. Gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.

I do have a question I would like to know though. How does accutane start to show its working for good? I remember when minocycline worked for me last year(best time of my life for a long time) it began to just kill the bumps off before they'd become pimples. I mean like you would see the bump forming and feel it but it would not be inflamed or painful, and it would disapear before even noticeable to the average eye. Does accutane start to work similar or does it just at one point stop the bumps altogether?

For me, it was about 4 months in where I realized that things were getting progressively better. I can't tell you about nodule count or anything like that. It was just a realization one day that things took a turn for the better.

For me, it was about 4 months in where I realized that things were getting progressively better. I can't tell you about nodule count or anything like that. It was just a realization one day that things took a turn for the better.

4 months... dammit I don't think I can do it. Worst breakout in awhile atm, and its driven me nutsssss. Exam week, blah.

my derm told me most of his patients stop breaking out after the 4th or 5th week... i'm going into my 6th week with new zits every day :(

i think it's just different for everyone, how their body responds to the iso.... i figure it's no use getting my hopes up that i'll wake up with a clear, smooth face tomorrow, or any time soon for that matter. yea, it's gonna suck for a while... but it's worth it in the long run, and that's what gets me through it. hope you can convince yourself of the same, and it'll help to just know that it WILL get better, maybe just not as soon as you would have hoped. hang in there dude.

4th or 5th week? Huh. I improved A LOT during the first two or three weeks, but have been breaking out since (almost done with my second month).

Thanks Sarahenn, yeah I just hate it like I just got a big burn mark cause my skin is so sensitive around the big pimples, so when i got home from football there was a big piece of dead skin coming off near one, when i got out of the shower and cleansed, biiig strip about the size of a quarter on my cheek, burn looking, with a pimple in the middle. Not cooool!