Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello! i started accutane today....

jus wondering... iv got active spots obviously jus now...

but should i immediately start using a moisturiser for dry skin even though ive stil got spots??

hmm confusin...dunno wether that will jus make my current spots worse

or shud i stick to an oil free moisturiser for acne!

in ur opinion!

thanks for replies

xxxxxxx

I'd reccommend using a moisturiser from the start of accutane. Dry skin can cause extra breakouts. Use a non-pore blocking moisturiser that is colour and fragrance free. I use Simple light hydrating moisturiser and will use their rich one at night when i get drier. A special face cream for acne may aggravate so I'd stick to something simple.

I'd reccommend using a moisturiser from the start of accutane. Dry skin can cause extra breakouts. Use a non-pore blocking moisturiser that is colour and fragrance free. I use Simple light hydrating moisturiser and will use their rich one at night when i get drier. A special face cream for acne may aggravate so I'd stick to something simple.

thanks for ur advice! im jus gettin so stressed out haha.

thanks tho

x

don't stress out :)

just equip yourself with the proper products, and you'll be fine.

a lot of people on accutane use cetaphil (moisturizer and face wash), based on their dermatologists' recommendations. also, get some vaseline and aquaphor, a good moisturizer for your body (i use cetaphil for this, too)... and get ready to just keep buying products as you start to experience the side effects. it would be wise to add vitamin e and vitamin c, too (but not a multivitamin). hope that helps.

ye i heard about cetaphil and aquapor..but is this available in the uk??

i havent seen it in any of the shops!!

thanks for ur advice : )

i rely appreciate it... i kinda got rushed out the derm and didn get to ask the questions i would of liked,

is it bad to take a multvitamin?

xx