Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At the moment the only chance i get to see my mates is by going out drinking, and i really like doing it because its always fun. The problem is though im pretty sure the alcohol is affecting my acne for the worse. I know alcohol isnt the main reason i get acne, as my acne started a couple of years before i ever touched my first drink and i dont want to stop because i like doing it. But is there anything i can do to help and try to stop the alcohol causing my skin to be worse? Afterall there is a reason why alcohol is doing this, i just need to find out the reason why and sort it out basically.

At the moment the only chance i get to see my mates is by going out drinking, and i really like doing it because its always fun. The problem is though im pretty sure the alcohol is affecting my acne for the worse. I know alcohol isnt the main reason i get acne, as my acne started a couple of years before i ever touched my first drink and i dont want to stop because i like doing it. But is there anything i can do to help and try to stop the alcohol causing my skin to be worse? Afterall there is a reason why alcohol is doing this, i just need to find out the reason why and sort it out basically.

I'm with you, I hadn't drunk in a while and went out at the weekend - bang, new spots. I guess the only thing you can do if you're going to drink is make sure you drink lots of water and maybe have something to balance out the sugar? Green smoothie the next morning? It sucks big time

i know exactly what you mean! maybe eat really healthy that day and take vitamins and then your body won't be totally shocked when you drink? I've been trying to figure this out too. *sigh* well just go out and have fun...when you're drunk you won't worry about your spots :banana:

I'm with you, I hadn't drunk in a while and went out at the weekend - bang, new spots. I guess the only thing you can do if you're going to drink is make sure you drink lots of water and maybe have something to balance out the sugar? Green smoothie the next morning? It sucks big time

Im exactly the same, i missed a few nights out and my skin was starting to look better, but as soon as i went out and drank again they started to come back. Im doing quite well with green smoothies and have been currently having one every morning for a few weeks now, it doesnt seem to be helping against the alcohol though.

I do drink a liver detox tea everyday, im not sure if that would just send everything back to my skin when i drink it in the morning after a night out. Although i remember when i didnt drink it once i suffered a pretty big breakout later on in the week after i missed it on the morning after a night out, although i cant actually say if this was due to not having the tea or not as it could have been other things, i darent really take the risk of not drinking it again.

Smoke weed.

But of course, only do this if you can be aware of getting the munchies, and subsequently yield herculean efforts to avoid consuming large amounts of the 'wrong' foods.