Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
l1nk

Does sweating affect the effects of benzoyl peroxide?

Hence the topic title. Usually I wake up in the morning at around 9:30AM, wash my face and apply benzaclin at 10AM. Now, I play basketball for a summer league and we practice almost every other day and sweat ALOT especially with it being so hot out right now at around 3PMish. I remember reading that BP stays on your skin for a given amount of time to help fight the bacteria. However, between that time I apply my benzaclin and practice is about 5 hours. Will I have the full effects of the benzoyl peroxide even if i sweat?

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Hence the topic title. Usually I wake up in the morning at around 9:30AM, wash my face and apply benzaclin at 10AM. Now, I play basketball for a summer league and we practice almost every other day and sweat ALOT especially with it being so hot out right now at around 3PMish. I remember reading that BP stays on your skin for a given amount of time to help fight the bacteria. However, between that time I apply my benzaclin and practice is about 5 hours. Will I have the full effects of the benzoyl peroxide even if i sweat?

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about sweating off the BP. My face sweats profusely in the Miami humidity and I have never had a problem.