Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oblivion77

Smooth skin, but red spots?

When I feel my face it is smooth, but when I look in the mirror it looks like I have acne because of the red spots. What is the best way to deal with this? Does Aloe Vera Gel help?

When I feel my face it is smooth, but when I look in the mirror it looks like I have acne because of the red spots. What is the best way to deal with this? Does Aloe Vera Gel help?

Depends on what's causing it. Aloe does nothing for my redness. Couldn't hurt to try, though--it's very gentle.

perhaps it's scarring? my face is like this.. cetaphil cleanser is the only thing i can use w/ out being too red; but i dont lik ehow it cleanses...

i think over time and gentle exfoliation can help even out your skin tone.

Are you talking about red marks? There's another section on the forum for that. If that's what you have, I'd suggest getting rid of your acne completely. After that point, my marks usually take 6 months to fade, so try waiting and see how it goes. You can also ask your dermatologist about treatments for red marks.

yea i think your talking about red marks...... aleo vero has had alot of success for people that have light red marks so like mentioed its worth a try as its gental.

you should avoid putting ice on your face, as it will cause your pours to close (cold closes pours, heat opens them to wide, thats why people are advised to wash with warm water as it keeps the pours at a more natual state (open enough to "allow your skin to breath"). so if you put something as cold as ice on your skin your pours will close increasing your chance to break out

if you check out the red marks section

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Red-marks...r-acne-f34.html

there are alot of posts around ways people have found to reduce and remove red marks, for a case of tresatment of them you just have to find something that works for you..... ive not found one yet :(