Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just finished exams at college. My acne has gotten worse and my doctor gave me minocycline and 5% benzoyl peroxide. I asked for accutane but he said come back in a month for a check up to see if he could refer me to a dermatologist.

I've been on it for a week now and haven't seen a difference. My exams are over and now we go back to school. I think the benzoyl peroxide made my skin even redder and inflamed. I've been staying at home the past few days because of my acne. I told my parents that im feeling ill and too tired, they think im being lazy and are angry with me.

My whole life is falling apart. I want to just stay in for the summer. I go back to doctors just before summer break up and hopefully i will be on roaccutane a week before we break up for summer. Then its 6 weeks for my acne to get better before we start next year.

My parents are angry with me, im depressed and my social life has declined. Its all because of acne, what should i do.

I just finished exams at college. My acne has gotten worse and my doctor gave me minocycline and 5% benzoyl peroxide. I asked for accutane but he said come back in a month for a check up to see if he could refer me to a dermatologist.

I've been on it for a week now and haven't seen a difference. My exams are over and now we go back to school. I think the benzoyl peroxide made my skin even redder and inflamed. I've been staying at home the past few days because of my acne. I told my parents that im feeling ill and too tired, they think im being lazy and are angry with me.

My whole life is falling apart. I want to just stay in for the summer. I go back to doctors just before summer break up and hopefully i will be on roaccutane a week before we break up for summer. Then its 6 weeks for my acne to get better before we start next year.

My parents are angry with me, im depressed and my social life has declined. Its all because of acne, what should i do.

hang in there buddy i was in your position but worse i know how u feel man...just gotta stay strong and optimistic. Your on the right path trust accutane cleared up my severe acne although u have to be patient this stuff ain't magic. I dropped out of school cuz of my acne so u can imagine how bad it was. I even had thoughts of suicide real talk . Thank god i had the courage to fight the acne n 1 year later today im acne free n happy so hang in there bud everyone go's threw there hard times in life its just a matter of time when u get better .

I feel so terribly dark at the moment, too. It's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel...

Guest kiwikali

i just cured my severe clinical depression, along with BDD, anorexia ,anxiety attacks, OCPD, yeah basically a shitload of problems. i went through rehab for the anorexia, i weighed a little under 90 pounds going in and now i'm 120 about, it varies.

still hard to deal with, but anyways, about the depression, i know how you feel. my depression was really terrible, i almost succeeded in killing myself several times, one of the times, my mother saved my life. that was about a year ago, the day after that happened, she took me to a therapist, who i've been seeing every week ever since. she prescribed prozac but that made me even more suicidal and i suffered from crippling panic attacks for days. god, i can't even think about that right now, it was really awful.

so then i took elevil (sp haha) which worked, but mosly it was cognative begavioral therapy and just talking to someone that helped. i hope you get better. try to open up to someone, it will make you feel so much better, i promise.

the only good thing that has come from what i've been through is i've become really close to my mother. she's my best friend and i literally owe her my life. if she hadn't been there, i wouldn't have been here right now.

Hi folks,

This is for those of you who are experiencing acne conditions, for which you have not been able to find a cure on your own and are contemplating seeing a dermatologist for strong chemicals like Accutane or something similar. Give yourself one last chance at curing your own acne without the need to depend on strong prescription medications, none of which is meant to be effective long-term. See this thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=188266&st=0 and read about my own experience with acne and the complete regimen that I have come up with, through extensive research and experimentation, to completely eliminate my acne condition for good. I have been 100% clear for six months straight now, and that's after having struggled with frustratingly bad acne for 20+ years.

I'm not selling anything or referring you to any other hidden resources. This is it! It's a regimen that has worked wonders for my moderate to sometimes severe acne condition. I'm just hoping to help out as many people as I can because I know this regimen I'm using is completely safe and even beneficial to your overall health. Best of all it is a good long-term solution that your acne will never develop tolerance to, unlike your typical antibiotics. And also no side effects to speak of.

I hope this will be useful to some of you. Please post in the thread or PM me if your have any questions. I'm always happy to help as best I can.

Best of luck, guys! :surprised:

Tony

i just cured my severe clinical depression, along with BDD, anorexia ,anxiety attacks, OCPD, yeah basically a shitload of problems. i went through rehab for the anorexia, i weighed a little under 90 pounds going in and now i'm 120 about, it varies.

still hard to deal with, but anyways, about the depression, i know how you feel. my depression was really terrible, i almost succeeded in killing myself several times, one of the times, my mother saved my life. that was about a year ago, the day after that happened, she took me to a therapist, who i've been seeing every week ever since. she prescribed prozac but that made me even more suicidal and i suffered from crippling panic attacks for days. god, i can't even think about that right now, it was really awful.

so then i took elevil (sp haha) which worked, but mosly it was cognative begavioral therapy and just talking to someone that helped. i hope you get better. try to open up to someone, it will make you feel so much better, i promise.

the only good thing that has come from what i've been through is i've become really close to my mother. she's my best friend and i literally owe her my life. if she hadn't been there, i wouldn't have been here right now.

That's inspiring for many, I am sure. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so glad you were able to overcome your illness. I myself do know what that depth of depression feels like and stories like yours just give me a warm, happy glow that someone else has survived. All I can say is Blessed Be!

hey, minocycline take a while to kick in, be patient, 1 week isn't enough time. And benzoyl peroxide is good, but when used in SMALL DOSES!! 2.5%, or 5% or even 10% BP cream is ok, just dab alil on your face, very little on each area, dont put too much because that will cause reddness.

i really know exactly how you feel. as a matter of fact, am sufferring from depression right. its horrible. i'm robbed of my social life, happiness, everything.. all i could do was to sit in my room. i didnt even go to parties, hang with friends despite them begging me..i feel sad for myself and the people around me. NO ONE will ever truly understand what you're going through unless they've been through what we are going through. so please, do something about it, am already doing something about it though it takes ALOT of sacrifices. as for the accutane thing, please go to another doctor and ask for accutane if your acne is severe. i took accutane and it kinda cleared me up but left with scars because accutane stops your acne from flaring up. so the scars we have to treat it ourselves.

we are here for you. all the best.