Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kuhoolish

you'd think animals wouldn't care

just thinking back to a time when my acne was really bad, i came home from work and started playing around with my brother's bird.

it flew over to land on my shoulder and when he looked over at my cheek he kind of pulled his head back like "whoa, what the fuck" and then flew away. this was just a one time thing though.

i still love that bird.

just thinking back to a time when my acne was really bad, i came home from work and started playing around with my brother's bird.

it flew over to land on my shoulder and when he looked over at my cheek he kind of pulled his head back like "whoa, what the fuck" and then flew away. this was just a one time thing though.

i still love that bird.

Birds are all the same mate - very superficial :). I miss having a pet...

I don't think animals care what acne is because they don't know what it is. Cheer up. Acne is not the end of the world.

i still love that bird.

Watch the movie As Good As It Gets.

I took a course in Animal Behavior, and as much as that reaction by the bird might have seemed like it was "disliking" your acne, I'm 99% sure that that wasn't the case. Birds don't really have any proximate nor ultimate causes that would reinforce a behavior in disliking people with bad skin.

I'm sure it was by coincidence, so definitely don't let that get to you. I know when acne's on your mind, it seems like everything in the world is related with it XD

I don't think a bird has enough brain cells to figure that out. Most domestic animals are pretty dumb.

I think animals are the least judgemental creatures on earth. And it's prob in your head. You should get a dog. I have 5 and they lick me all over my face, no rejection there.

My horse is too self-obsessed to care about anything I do or what I look like. :P She does seem to like it, though, when I wear any light colours, because then she can wipe her nose on me... which she seems to think is hilarious.

I took a course in Animal Behavior, and as much as that reaction by the bird might have seemed like it was "disliking" your acne, I'm 99% sure that that wasn't the case. Birds don't really have any proximate nor ultimate causes that would reinforce a behavior in disliking people with bad skin.

I'm sure it was by coincidence, so definitely don't let that get to you. I know when acne's on your mind, it seems like everything in the world is related with it XD

I agree. As a former bird owner myself, I can say that what you experienced when the bird landed on your shoulder is normal, especially if the bird is small like a budgie or canary. When a bird lands on or is put right up close to a person for the first time, they can get nervous and will jump back at any quick or sudden movements. Some birds land way too close to a person's face and will also jump back when they realize it.

I've also read that certain types of birds, such as parakeets (budgies to the rest of the world), try to avoid anything that's red. If you have a lot of bright red areas on your face, then maybe it unsettled the bird.

I love my bird, he's a cool little thing.

Most humans are pretty dumb.
:wiggle:

You loving it ≠ intelligent.

I hear some people love cars....