Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marytacker

As if life can't get any better, I now have a huge cluster

So on top of the fact that I am struggling with the unsightly red marks and scarring from my previous bout of acne breakouts, and JUST GOT OVER AN EYE STYE, I now have the herpes simplex type 1 virus (cold sore/fever blister) on my lip and a CLUSTER of them around my nose.

Obviously, I feel and look disgusting and I am just so sick of everything. While everyone else is off getting tans and partying it up, I am stuck working at Blockbuster and dealing with stupid people everyday. If any of you have had a cold sore before, I am sure you feel my pain. For those of you who are fortunate enough to never have had a cold sore outbreak, consider yourselves very lucky!! They are painful, unsightly and much much MUCH harder to cover up with even the best makeup. Right now I really hate my life and I am not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. And I'm starving.

Thanks for reading my whiny post. <3

I'm sure cold sores are a pain, I've had them before. Look at it this way, it could be a lot worse but it isn't. You shouldn't hate your live because of them, enjoy it.

So on top of the fact that I am struggling with the unsightly red marks and scarring from my previous bout of acne breakouts, and JUST GOT OVER AN EYE STYE, I now have the herpes simplex type 1 virus (cold sore/fever blister) on my lip and a CLUSTER of them around my nose.

Obviously, I feel and look disgusting and I am just so sick of everything. While everyone else is off getting tans and partying it up, I am stuck working at Blockbuster and dealing with stupid people everyday. If any of you have had a cold sore before, I am sure you feel my pain. For those of you who are fortunate enough to never have had a cold sore outbreak, consider yourselves very lucky!! They are painful, unsightly and much much MUCH harder to cover up with even the best makeup. Right now I really hate my life and I am not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. And I'm starving.

Think positive and tomorrow morning it will all be gone. :)

Sorry to hear about that, seems like you were just struck with a bout of bad luck >_>

Have you ever heard of the supplement L-Lysine? It's an amino acid that is used to help treat cold sores and other viral infections. I'd suggest you get to a vitamin store as soon as you can to pick up some of this stuff. Trust me, it will reduce the amount of time it takes to make those things heal. Just take 500-1000mg of these up to 3 times a day until the cold sores are gone.

I'd also suggest you cut out any foods that are high in the amino acid Arginine. Not only does this amino acid reduce the anti-viral effects of L-Lysine, it is also essential to helping the herpes virus replicate and spread. Avoid chocolate, nuts, whole weat, oats, caffiene, raisins, seeds, salty foods, soda, sugar, etc. (look up Arginine rich foods for more foods to avoid). Also avoid highly acidic foods like citrus.

Since Arginine is considered a non-essential amino acid (meaning it is synthesized in your body) and L-Lysine is an essential amino-acid (it is not synthesized in the body and only comes from the food we eat), I would suggest adding to you normal diet foods rich in L-lysine (while permanently cutting down on the arginine rich foods, especially during an outbreak). Foods rich in L-Lysine include veggies, legumes, fish, soy products, dairy products, eggs, yogurt, chicken, potatoes, etc. The best form of treatment is prevention :D

I'd also suggest taking a vitamin C supplement with bioflavinoids (it helps your body absorb the Vitamin C), This will give your immunes system a boost to help fight off the virus. A zinc supplement will help as well.

As always, don't pick at the cold sores, as they will SPREAD LIKE FIRE. If you start to feel the tingle of a new cold sore coming on, ice it immedietly and frequently. Avoid being in the heat for any amount of time, as heat speeds up the reproduction rate of this virus (while ice will essentially stop it). Then slap some abreva on it and you're good to go. :dance:

Carry some antibacterial hand sanitizer with you also and use it frequently. These things spread quite easily, and you don't want to accidentially touch one and then rub your eyes later or something. ouch! >_>

Anyway that's all I can think of for now. Hope this information will be of some help to you! Best of luck to ya :cool:

-Lisa

Mary,

Any chance that this could be impetigo? It's a bacterial infection usually treated with a topical antibiotic called Bactroban.