Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't remember how I came across it, however I saw on a post somewhere on here that Head and Shoulders was used as a face wash. I ran out and tried the original Clean Scent one and I can't believe how well it works. Has anyone else tried it? I know a lot of people don't want to use it because it's not marketed for the face, but this truly has been a miracle product. :dance:

I don't remember how I came across it, however I saw on a post somewhere on here that Head and Shoulders was used as a face wash. I ran out and tried the original Clean Scent one and I can't believe how well it works. Has anyone else tried it? I know a lot of people don't want to use it because it's not marketed for the face, but this truly has been a miracle product. :dance:

It's because the active ingredient that's used for controlling flaking (of the scalp) also happens to be a pretty effective product as a face wash (it's a zinc pyrithione). Since it has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, it does a pretty good job at fighting those acne bacteria I suppose.

It's great that you really like it, because I'm sure you'll be saving tons of money by buying a bottle of shampoo instead of buying prescription medication.

Does it mater which one you use? My brother has really bad backne. I didnt want to spend 8 bucks on a ginormous bottle and the only small one they had was minty fresh so i got that one.

I use the Classic Clean WITHOUT the conditioner. Seriously, I'm so glad I tried it!! I'm sure that it would be great on Backne! My only complaint about the H&S is that it sometimes stings my eyes if I'm not careful with it. Other than that I'll never use anything else!