Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 15 now, I've had mild acne since I was 11 and it wasn't really noticeable until I was 14. Then it becoming more noticeable and seemed hopelessly getting worse. After over a year of frustration, it finally started to get better, I'm 80-90% clear now (holistically) and it's literally improving by the week, so it'll probably be completely gone soon. I'm really happy about that. However this summer I may have to get surgery to remove my wisdom teeth, then get braces... one frustration after another :(

Say you were a rising 10th grader, what'd be worse? Acne or braces?

Braces aren't even that bad. It USED to be that everyone made fun of you for having them. Now no one even gives a shit.

Iv been on braces for two years. I'm 20 the now. And my acne is at its peak at the moment.

The acne bothers me more because when I manage to get my skin lookin okay and the spots hidden I feel good and forget about the braces because I'm so used to them and they're not always in my face as like spots.

Acne wins hands down. I got braces in 6th or 7th grade, had to learn how to play the trumpet without braces, then with braces, then without again in the same 2 year span- but I'd do it all over again for as long as necessary if it meant getting rid of acne. Braces aren't so bad after you get through the pain part. :)

It's not a fetish I have, it's just that I've known a couple girls who wore braces and I though she was cute with them, on or off.

I'm 24 & I have both acne & braces....but my braces are coming off in less than 2 months :dance:

Acne is worse because it is a constant struggle to keep clear. Braces are temporary and it goes fast. Both braces & acne are more common and accepted as "normal" when you're a teen. I wish I had been able to afford braces at 15....it's worse at 24, but still not that bad.

You choose to get bracers.. you dont for acne.

Acne sux and we all know that. Anyways the bracers now arent too noticeable, sometimes you dont even realize whether someone has it on or has taken it off.

Braces aren't really that bad. After the occasional tightening, it can hurt a bit and be annoying when you want to chomp down on your favorite food, but aside from that, it ends up being rather unnoticeable.

A lot of people in middle school and high school have braces, and after a while (a quick while), when people look at your face, they kind of forget that you have braces (I know this because a lot of my close friends said that to me, and I personally forgot about the braces of many of my friends).

Of course, not to say that acne's really noticeable, but you know, in general, if you were to ask people what'd look "less desirable" between acne and braces, I'm quite sure they'd say acne.

Acnez. You don't have to have braces for 10 years and counting... not that I ever needed them in the first place. My teeth are almost perfect. Someone should make a topic with something as horrifying as acne like:

Acne or Meet the Spatans: Which is worse?

At least with acne you don't have to worry about food getting stuck in it...

I'm 15 now, I've had mild acne since I was 11 and it wasn't really noticeable until I was 14. Then it becoming more noticeable and seemed hopelessly getting worse. After over a year of frustration, it finally started to get better, I'm 80-90% clear now (holistically) and it's literally improving by the week, so it'll probably be completely gone soon. I'm really happy about that. However this summer I may have to get surgery to remove my wisdom teeth, then get braces... one frustration after another :(

Say you were a rising 10th grader, what'd be worse? Acne or braces?

Haha, I looked at this topic and I was like, is the question seriously being asked? ACNE by 1000 miles. I have braces and acne. I'm not self consious over my braces, but my acne is a different story.