Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marx

Shipping inquiry!

Hello!

I'm from Sweden, and I was just about to throw a healthy 85-something USD at this (yet another) miracle cure. Being the typical ignorant swede, I didn't bother to read up on the shipping conditions until I had placed the order! I did however have time to cancel my order, don't worry.

Because apparently you can't guarantee shipping to Sweden. Doesn't stop you from including Sweden in the list of countries eligable to recieve the product, though. Do you think that's right? I mean, you're supposed to be a part of a non-profit organization, am I right?

So why do you still include Sweden in the list if there's a chance that the customer won't even recieve his products? Did you include desperation in that budget prognosis, perhaps a handful of swedes would take a chance and just hand you fourty bucks?

Fourty bucks that won't even be returned, unless you get the product back. Now, think about that for a second. Not only do I throw money at you because I have a chance to recieve a product, on top of that I only have a chance to get my money back if I don't recieve the product?

I can't help but clap my hands and let you take a bow, because this doesn't even look much like yet another big-time miracle-cure acne-site! It's personal and you've got over 800 members online as I'm writing this. There are more reasons as to why I can't help but raise a brow at this product, but there are even more reasons as to why I should try it!

In conclusion, has anyone from Sweden ordered products and recieved them?

I've ordered two times previously and both times it has arrived. No problems what so ever and I live in Sweden. But, at the time I ordered, Sweden wasn't included in that list. I remember it being mentioned as not 100% guarantee to recieve your orders, but it still wasn't included in that list.

Has anything changed since then? I will soon need to order again but seeing Sweden on the list I'm not really sure if it's even worth trying.

Actually, Sweden is listed in the places we can't ship to. It says this pretty clearly on the "international shipping" information page.

http://www.danielkern.com/Articles.asp?ID=131

Due to importation restrictions I can not ship to the following countries: Austria, Germany, Israel, Netherlands, Nigeria, Philippines, Sweden

If you place an order for any of these countries, there is no guarantee of receipt and the order is at your own risk.

I know this doesn't answer your question of whether or not you would receive the products if you choose to order anyway, but I wanted people to know that the information is there clearly for all of our international customers to see. :)

If you are from a country in which it's too risky to order, you can still do the Regimen using store-bought products. Here are some product recommendations. http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

And here is our international regimen products forum where you can find out what comparable products may be available in your area: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Internati...upplies-f9.html

It doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to do this Regimen. :)

I hope this helps.

i'm sorry, it also does not answer why you would put those countries in the list at the checkout form if you cannot ship to these countries. i understand that some people want to risk it anyway, but shouldn't there be warnings IN the checkout page itself instead of some other page then?

Sweden has very strict pharmaceutical regulations. Maybe you can't buy BP without a prescription?

i'm sorry, it also does not answer why you would put those countries in the list at the checkout form if you cannot ship to these countries. i understand that some people want to risk it anyway, but shouldn't there be warnings IN the checkout page itself instead of some other page then?

Hi Artless,

Thank you for your question/suggestion. I'll bring it up with our web team to see if a warning can be posted during checkout.

Regardless of specific country warnings on the site, it is always important for international customers to be willing to accept some responsibility regarding the import laws of their country. With so many countries around the world, it would be impossible for a small organization such as ours to keep up with the laws regarding import of products and the ingredients that make them up.

Of course if for some reason an international shipment is rejected at the border by a particular country's customs patrol, and we receive the package back, we will treat it as we would a returned order and credit the price of the items in the order.

I can tell you that it has been a goal of Dan's to work on international distribution in a way that will hopefully make the ordering and shipment process much more streamlined. For the moment however, we remain at the mercy of various governments' trade agreements, agencies, and legislative measures.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to message me.

Thanks!

Kory

DanielKern.com Customer Support

[email protected]

Sweden has very strict pharmaceutical regulations. Maybe you can't buy BP without a prescription?

Yes, you can. In fact, it's 5% BP products that are available without the need of a prescription. Has anyone from Sweden ordered lately and received the products?

Actually, Sweden is listed in the places we can't ship to. It says this pretty clearly on the "international shipping" information page.

http://www.danielkern.com/Articles.asp?ID=131

Do you know why you cannot ship to Sweden? I don't think jojoba oil, cleanser and moisturizers are regulated as pharmaceuticals here. However, AHA and BP might cause problems but since the regulations for over the counterdrugs in Sweden is now more loose, pretty much any store can sell over the counter drugs nowadays.

It is possible to import drugs that already exist here. I can get in touch with the FDA here and ask about the 10 % AHA and BP - if they're are ok to import.

Or are there any other issues concerning shipping to Sweden?

/Hultkrantz