Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kohkane

Dark spots

Anyone know anything that I could pick up from Walmart, CVS or Walgreen's that will fade or get rid of my dark spots? I only have a few but anything that will work is fine with me :) Maybe in the process even my skin tone? :think:

Im having a problem with dark reddish/brown spots too. I read somewhere that Vitamin E helps..so I was gonna try using some baby oil from cvs with Aloe and Vitamin E (both deminsih redness)

Im having a problem with dark reddish/brown spots too. I read somewhere that Vitamin E helps..so I was gonna try using some baby oil from cvs with Aloe and Vitamin E (both deminsih redness)

Aloe Vera Gel seems to be helping my darker spots, not so much the red ones...Aloe Vera is known to brighten up dark spots a bit, not to 100% but it'll generally make them look better and speed up the healing process...It also just makes my skin look better overall, smoother and more even toned.

Jojoba Oil helps for my red marks...Also makes my skin more even and toned...These 2 products have made my marks go from somewhat visible to almost unnoticeable...These don't work for everyone but I've heard a lot of success stories...

By dark spots do you mean hyperpigmentation? Hydroquinone 2 or 4% can work. If it is too strong then try vitamin c 10% or HIGHER. Use a stable form and use only the ones where they list the concentration even though it will be expensive. And always apply a good sunblock with a high SPF factor that covers UVA AND UVB.

If any of those products really do work I would be surprised. I have dark marks too, but I have found that time is the best healer. It just takes time for them to lighten up and fade away.

If any of those products really do work I would be surprised. I have dark marks too, but I have found that time is the best healer. It just takes time for them to lighten up and fade away.

Time is always good. But sometimes..time needs a little help :ninja:

Yeah, unfortunately time is the only REAL cure for most hyperpigmentation and red marks but there are products that will reduce their appearance and just generally make your skin healthier...I have some marks from almost a year ago and they are FINALLY starting to fade but they are not quite there. The only reason they took so long is because I was using so many products the whole time(using BP made them a LOT worse) on them once I stopped I saw them get better.

All the acids just make your skin more prone to new breakouts in my opinion...I guess glycolic acid somewhat helped my marks back when I used it but then I'd get new breakouts in those areas so it would just be the worse in the end and I'd have to deal with new marks...All those heavy chemical products with acids, alcohols and oxides in them damaged my skin and made it so sensitive, I wish I could go back and never have touched them.

Also sun exposure actually is a large factor on their appearance..If I'm out in the sun for even just 30 minutes a day I notice my marks are a little more visible..I have pretty tan skin so I can take a little more sun exposure without any damage but they definitely make brown spots on my face more visible...I'm really bad about putting sunblock on but I'm gonna start because I've noticed it makes a big difference.

Honestly, whatever product you get go natural...I know that sounds cliche but it's true...I'd recommend atleast trying Aloe Vera Gel because even if it doesn't work and has no effect on your marks, it has no bad side effects and most likely won't break you out unless you already have VERY dry skin(since aloe can be drying, excessive drying *can* cause breakouts).

But yeah...I've lived by the "all natural" rule for about 1.5 months now and my skin is so much healthier for it. Can't wait to see the results down the line, 6+ months from now.

bonjour,

try baking soda, i did it earlier today, and it worked magic on my skin. it has somewhat of a bleaching effect on them. it burns a fair amount, but well worth it. mix a bit of water with a few tablespoons of baking soda until it is about milk consistency. put it on your face for about 30 minutes- 1 hour and then rinse off with water. this is a really cheap way to help. and quick too!! yes, unfortunately, time really is the best cure.

best wishes!

Franchesca.

Ive read that they did studies on vitamin e and it showed that it didn't really do anything for scars or that it acutally made scar indentions worse...but if its just spots then it could do you well.