Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JBabe

Finacea 15% vs. Azalex Cream 20% ~ Your thoughts please!

My dr. gave me a prescrip for azalex cream 20%. I have noticed since I have been using it my forehead is covered in white heads but at the same time he also gave me a prescrip for clindamycin.

Do you think I should switch to the finacea 15% or is it more likely that the clindamycin is causing the problem?

Thanks so much!

My dr. gave me a prescrip for azalex cream 20%. I have noticed since I have been using it my forehead is covered in white heads but at the same time he also gave me a prescrip for clindamycin.

Do you think I should switch to the finacea 15% or is it more likely that the clindamycin is causing the problem?

Thanks so much!

It could actually be either the azalex or the clindamycin. I have heard of people having problems with azelex clogging their pores (something about the formulation of the product). Clindamycin clogged my pores when I used it - the brand I used contained a very comedogenic ingredient, which I didn't realize until after I had been using it for awhile.

I haven't heard of people getting clogged pores from Finacea though. I LOVE the way finacea works on my skin. I also read an article in a medical journal that said that even though Finacea has a lower concentration of azelaic acid, the formulation of the medication allows for more absorption of the active ingredient by the skin, compared to azalex. Let me see if I can find the article and I'll post if for you.

Thank you. I think I will stop using the Clindamycin and use the 20% azelex on my back and get finacea for my face.

Now I am wondering should I also spot treat the bigger pimples in addition to using Finacea?

If so what product would you recommend?

And with the finacea should I be doing exfoliation like the baby brush method I read about on here?

Today I had a major pimple. I did open it and then I wasnt sure if I should apply antibiotic or BP?

Also what should I do to get rid of all the whiteheads I have now?

Thanks for your help!

It could actually be either the azalex or the clindamycin. I have heard of people having problems with azelex clogging their pores (something about the formulation of the product). Clindamycin clogged my pores when I used it - the brand I used contained a very comedogenic ingredient, which I didn't realize until after I had been using it for awhile.

I haven't heard of people getting clogged pores from Finacea though. I LOVE the way finacea works on my skin. I also read an article in a medical journal that said that even though Finacea has a lower concentration of azelaic acid, the formulation of the medication allows for more absorption of the active ingredient by the skin, compared to azalex. Let me see if I can find the article and I'll post if for you.

what was the comedogenic ingredient in yours?

what was the comedogenic ingredient in yours?

Glyceryl Stearate SE