Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive always thought stress was a bit of a wishy-washy excuse for acne,if stress causes acne then surely anybody who works in a demanding job would be covered in the stuff. i dont have a demanding job (coz im far too lazy to ever get one), but stress caused a pretty serious breakout for me in may.....exam time. i dont even get stressed about exams! or at least i thought i didnt, but yet my skin went bloody crazy,for about 2weeks.it was like being back in 2006 and thinking 'oh shit,its here....again!' it was a pretty serious breakout,in my opinion. though everyone i asked was like :rolleyes: you have two zits. they dont really get it though do they.

i had a presentation to give to these people,talking for 12minutes to complete strangers isnt my strong point. so the worrying about that caused one cyst.then the next week i'd two exams and got a further two cysts,other little things pinpointed around the skin were occurring simultaneously,so i started panicking about my skin! panicking about skin + unconscious worrying over exams = spots and quite a few of them. i never ever thought stress could cause it. when i had my real terrible skin and it coincided with exams i would say 'its stress' but not quite believing it. now i know,stress can do pretty awful things to you. i'd had clear skin for hmm a year,then out of nowhere,simply coz of flippin exams,my skin went bizzerk!! or however that word is spelt. the breakout went away straight after the exams,but the whole 2weeks i thought my acne was back! nightmare

anyway,those are my thoughts on the devil that is stress and the bitch it can be

For some reason im under the impression that stress will hurt you in the long run not the short run.. I dont think stress today ill cause pimples tomorrow.. I think constant stress today can cause problems yrs down the road.

I've heard from 2 different people that stress is a big trigger for diabetes down the road.

For some reason im under the impression that stress will hurt you in the long run not the short run.. I dont think stress today ill cause pimples tomorrow.. I think constant stress today can cause problems yrs down the road.

I've heard from 2 different people that stress is a big trigger for diabetes down the road.

Those two people obviously failed anything to do with biology or human anatomy.

Type 1 (super rare) - autoimmune disease

Type 2 (90%+ of all diabetes) - This form of diabetes is associated with older age, obesity, family history of diabetes, previous history of gestational diabetes, physical inactivity, and ethnicity. About 80 percent of people with type 2 diabetes are overweight.

Stress is a cop out for being lazy.