Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackmogs

cetaphil product line

Hey I just purchased the daily cleanser in the bottle and the sunscreen spf 15 from cetaphil. I have oily skin and was wondering whats the feedback on these two? any personal stories out there would help to give me an idea if its worth it :D

Lots of people swear by it, but I found both the cleanser/moisturizer to be too heavy. The cleanser's supposed to be really gentle, and doesn't even foam, but I never really felt it got all the dirt/oil/make-up off. The moisturizer felt pretty greasy as well, and I've since switched to Complex 15. But if you have them already, may as well give them a shot yourself.

Lots of people swear by it, but I found both the cleanser/moisturizer to be too heavy. The cleanser's supposed to be really gentle, and doesn't even foam, but I never really felt it got all the dirt/oil/make-up off. The moisturizer felt pretty greasy as well, and I've since switched to Complex 15. But if you have them already, may as well give them a shot yourself.

yea guess ill give it a shot for a month or so. see if things improve, thanks for the info man! anymore suggestions or feedback welcomed.

The moisturizer is too heavy and doesn't seem to soak in, and I only use a tiny bit...and the cleanser doesn't take all of my make-up off which is strange cause I only use a bit of mineral make-up. O.o It's either too strong or too weak.

I have used cetaphil for 2 years and I love it. The cleanser is very gentle and really does not dry your skin out. It's true that it does not foam, but the foaming agent is one of the reasons why other cleansers are so harsh. If you tried other cleansers meant for sensitive skins, it is most likely that they don't foam as well.

I'm using the moisturizer as well, and a little goes a long way. I mix it with a little bit of water, rub it on my face and let it dry naturally. When I had sensitive skin, it was one of the few moisturizers that did not sting my face.

Personally I don't think it clogs my pores. I never had a breakout from it at the start, which is why I'm still using it.

thanks for the replies well second day using the cleanser and it basically does not foam at all. which I take is good since it wont be as harsh. although i do find myself using more then a "small" amount lol as indicated by the directions. doesnt leave my face oily or dry so thats reason enough for me to keep using it. as for clogging pores i dont know exactly how that would happen using this... its the most gentle cleanser ive ever used hopefully it will be what i needed. :)