Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

So hows canned tuna?

I just bought some canned tune with extra virgin olive oil instead of water.

only has fish and salt.

it says is healthy but why salt ? >_<

I wanna know if this good for skin.. or it gives acne?

it has omega 3 which is good. , and protein . ,

I also bought Pink salmon canned

sry for asking , i just got 3-4 acne... few days ago.

trying to figure it out why ^^ ,

was getting so clear till i got 2-3 a little big. ,. or is prolly cause of exercising

cause i been eating healthy for monthssssssss almost a year

Most of the micronutrients and omega-3s are lost when tuna is canned. Fresh fish is always better than canned.

But canned tuna has its place in a diet. Eat it whenever you need a quick, lean source of protein; but still try to get fresh fish whenever you can (I know it's expensive).

It should have little to no effect either way on your complexion. Won't cure acne, but shouldn't make it worse either; not unless you're highly sensitive to the extra sodium intake.

Most of the micronutrients and omega-3s are lost when tuna is canned. Fresh fish is always better than canned.

But canned tuna has its place in a diet. Eat it whenever you need a quick, lean source of protein; but still try to get fresh fish whenever you can (I know it's expensive).

You might wanna look at other stuff in your diet, if you still got acne.

Soy milk is NOT good for acne. Soy in generel is very bad for acne infact.

What else is in your diet?

mercury is everywhere, id say take it easy on the tuna. if you want omega 3 get quality purified fish oil and flax oil as flax oil is the number one safest way to get omega 3s absolutly no chance of mercury.

flax is not the richest source though is it? I remember it had something to do with very low ALA to omega 3 conversion rates. For this reason we went for the fish oil in Romeos mega thread didnt we?

And also it had to do something with not being the most suitable for Men masculinity wise.

I dont remember much. there were some detailed discussions about flax in that thread.

K

it won't make any difference to your face imo.... canned tuna has little to no o3, mackeral tinned des though, e.g. pilchards, fillets etc...

flax is not the richest source though is it? I remember it had something to do with very low ALA to omega 3 conversion rates. For this reason we went for the fish oil in Romeos mega thread didnt we?

Flax is actually richer in omega-3 than fish oil - but you're right. Only 15% of omega-3s in flax will be converted into EPA and DHA, which are the ones that are actually helpful to the skin.

don't cook with olive oil either, coconut instead

I bought coconut oil..

is it good on brown rice?

>_<

it won't make any difference to your face imo.... canned tuna has little to no o3, mackeral tinned des though, e.g. pilchards, fillets etc...

Lol i need weights i buy the canned tunna in Extra virgin olive oil >_>

But i hope is k to eat it atleast 1-2 times a week... with salads. :\

You might wanna look at other stuff in your diet, if you still got acne.

Soy milk is NOT good for acne. Soy in generel is very bad for acne infact.

What else is in your diet?

yeah i know but it didn't gimme break out lol , reason why i stopped drinking it is cause gas :P

rawr..

Well now i eat brazil nuts ( tried not to eat to much ) lol , brown rice with beans , carrots , 3-4 apples a day ( is it to much? ) i stopped eating other fruits cause of sugars , i only eat apples.

now i added tunas / salmon both canned... with salads... <-- i eat those 1-2 times a week

hoping is ok , I got Fish Oil supplement anyways... and Wild caugh Salmon fillet gonna cook it with coconut oil well see how it taste :)