Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coffeejunkie

Low energy levels..

Hi, two years I gave up meat , carbs (bread , pasta , cereal etc) I don't eat any sort of junk foods and I've recently gave up dairy as I know it has an impact on my acne..

At the moment I eat fruit, veg, fish and rice (brown or basmati).(sometimes eggs)

However since I gave up milk I feel very very weak and tired all the time. I only take it in coffee and don't really eat much other dairy products anyway.

Do you think I have gone too far with giving up vital foods? I do notice a difference in my skin though..or should I take vitimans etc to keep me going?

Any suggestions please...?

hmm i am in the same boat, my skin is a lot better but i have lost weight and i am tired a lot, i would try a multivitamin and a b complex and maybe eat some more carbs and protein

I definitely recommend trying to add potatoes to your diet...(not fries : ) )

Mackerel+Sweet Potatoes+tomato sauce make a extremely mean dish, both healthy and yummy!....

I dont like potatoes haha , my mam used to sneak them in my dinner years ago ugh! hmm what about nuts , seeds and dried fruit? think that would help?

Do you think I have gone too far with giving up vital foods? I do notice a difference in my skin though..or should I take vitimans etc to keep me going?

I dont know , Im ok with what I eat now but I really dont want to go back to dairy, i cant handle carbs and i dont imagine ever eating meat again!! confusing..

Guest COX-2
I eat rice , a lot of rice :)

and i only start feeling weak since I cut out milk

Hi, two years I gave up meat , carbs (bread , pasta , cereal etc) I don't eat any sort of junk foods and I've recently gave up dairy as I know it has an impact on my acne..

At the moment I eat fruit, veg, fish and rice (brown or basmati).(sometimes eggs)

However since I gave up milk I feel very very weak and tired all the time. I only take it in coffee and don't really eat much other dairy products anyway.

I do eat bananas everyday. and a lot more fruit too...just i havnt felt this weak in years , and its at the wrong time too (very important exams)

i still drink coffee and take sugar in it so i am fueling up the same way...

Guest COX-2

Well I feel better with skimmed milk rather than bananas so I understand your point.

Like guy above said why deprive yourself.

If either is you in that picture then your skin looks fine.

Guest COX-2
im the one on the left in my pic...wearing make up there...haha

On such a diet your vitamins and minerals will come mostly from greens and veggies.

So try to really eat a lot of veggies. A tomatoes and two leaves of anemic lettuce doesn't count.

Try to have a big salad every day a very big bowl. Make as such salad as you would make for 4 sad eaters and eat it all yourself instead. Add a lot of veggies from yellow peppers, shredded cabbage, cherry tomatoes, celery, fennel, sprouts, grated carrots to chiplotes, olives, aragula, cucumber, dandelion and shredded almonds and toasted sesame seeds with extra virgin oil.

Have a green smothie with berries every day too and a big portion of steamed greens (beet, spinach, rapini, kale, collard, dandelion, spring greens)

Use these staples to have a good nutritional foundation.

They would supplement your existing diet of rice, fishand fruits.

Now the healthier you eat the more you need toadd serious exercising to your life style.

It seems a contradiction but unhealthy eating acts as a soother and a drug so that you don't feel the signals and symptoms of your body. When you eat healthy and there's no "drug" to hide your symptoms you need to be healthy and active if you don't want to feel sick and energyless.

Hey , thanks Danny, that was really helpful :) i already eat a lot of veg like mushrooms, carrots, peas, brokoli, cabbage but seeing ur list i will have to try much more..

Make sure you eat full meals (as in, enough to not be hungry, but don't over eat either).

Also, any change to one's diet is likely to cause them to feel loss of energy soon afterwards. That's always how it has been to me. Cutting out bread/cereals did that to me. It's just a question of giving your body some time. I wouldn't be surprised if you feel this way because you only removed food from your diet instead of replacing it. Eat a handful of nuts once a day (not too many), you could also eat some chicken, eat a good variety of fruits and vegetables, and exercise.

Dairy is certainly not necessary, but you need to make up for it by eating enough and eating a good variety of foods.

Well I feel better with skimmed milk rather than bananas so I understand your point.

Like guy above said why deprive yourself.

If either is you in that picture then your skin looks fine.

Guest COX-2

Had a think about this and you know what it maybe the calcium.

I know that calcium is a strong controller of hunger as well.

My brother did point this out to me sometime ago when I gave up dairy.

I feel better eating zero fat yogurt and skimmed milk which I went back to recently.

BTW Sorry Molly!

Yes, I think you have. I say this all the time and I still stick to my opinion. You only live once. Why deprive yourself of stuff you love. Life is too short

Had a think about this and you know what it maybe the calcium.

I know that calcium is a strong controller of hunger as well.

My brother did point this out to me sometime ago when I gave up dairy.

I feel better eating zero fat yogurt and skimmed milk which I went back to recently.

BTW Sorry Molly!