Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kriszti

EDM blotting papers versus Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

For those who use them, which do you like better? OF course, if you have a a different brand you like, I am all ears. ;) I've been using the Clean and Clear ones for years and they definitely keep the oil down, but I am always willing to try something new if it is better (and possibly cheaper!)

No one uses blotting papers here? Really? I'm not that concerned with either brand I mentioned. If you have a different brand or strategy you use, I'm all ears. ;)

I've used the Clean and Clear blotting sheets, and for some reason(this may be just my imagination)...it seems like I would blot..and than a few minutes later, my face would be twice as oily? Again, maybe its just my imagination..but thats what it felt.

The only other blotting papers I've used was Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens. They are $10 bucks..and all natural(oh and you get 100 in a pack). They worked reallllly well. I only use it sparingly because they are a bit expensive...

link to the Fresh Blotting Linens: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...ldPaginate=true

I've used the Clean and Clear blotting sheets, and for some reason(this may be just my imagination)...it seems like I would blot..and than a few minutes later, my face would be twice as oily? Again, maybe its just my imagination..but thats what it felt.

The only other blotting papers I've used was Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens. They are $10 bucks..and all natural(oh and you get 100 in a pack). They worked reallllly well. I only use it sparingly because they are a bit expensive...

link to the Fresh Blotting Linens: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...ldPaginate=true

Thanks for the link! I may have to check those out. :D

I really like the C&C brand. I've tried some blotting papers that have powder, but I didn't like those as much. The C&C brand takes away the oil, but doesn't mess up my makeup.

I just got the EDM blotting papers today so I will let you know what I think of them.

Good- I'm curious! :thumbsup:

i've used the clean and clear ones, and I did like them.

I have another solution I use, and its a bit weird, but works really really well.

When you go to a public restroom, the toilet seat covers? They work as EXCELLENT oil absorbers! I usually throw the first one in the batch away (just b/c you never know) and use the 2nd one I pull out. Sometimes I'll take a 3rd one with me in my pocket so that I have it with me.

I know it sounds weird, but try it. I acutally read it in a magazine that Courtney Cox does it.....lol

I have another solution I use, and its a bit weird, but works really really well.

When you go to a public restroom, the toilet seat covers? They work as EXCELLENT oil absorbers! I usually throw the first one in the batch away (just b/c you never know) and use the 2nd one I pull out. Sometimes I'll take a 3rd one with me in my pocket so that I have it with me.

I know it sounds weird, but try it. I acutally read it in a magazine that Courtney Cox does it.....lol

I've heard that before, on that show, Ten Years Younger. When I don't have a C&C sheet, I'll use one of those actually.

I've heard that before, on that show, Ten Years Younger. When I don't have a C&C sheet, I'll use one of those actually.

Oh good - atleast Im not the only one who has heard of that! :D

I've used both EDM and C&C

C&C (or generic version of C&C, its the same):

Wonderful, I use two at a time, every 3-4hrs usually

EDM:

Also great, I use 4 at a time because they are thinner and get full of oil faster.

So since they cost the same (try generic brand instead of C&C, exact same, promise) and C&C is 50/pack and EDM is 100/pack, but I use EDM at twice the rate I use C&C, for me the two are equivalent, and when I buy EDM packages I get the sheets, but otherwise buy C&C from my local drugstore.

I'm addicted to oil blotting sheets...sigh....

I've used both EDM and C&C

C&C (or generic version of C&C, its the same):

Wonderful, I use two at a time, every 3-4hrs usually

EDM:

Also great, I use 4 at a time because they are thinner and get full of oil faster.

So since they cost the same (try generic brand instead of C&C, exact same, promise) and C&C is 50/pack and EDM is 100/pack, but I use EDM at twice the rate I use C&C, for me the two are equivalent, and when I buy EDM packages I get the sheets, but otherwise buy C&C from my local drugstore.

I'm addicted to oil blotting sheets...sigh....

Good info. Thanks! ;)

What's the difference?? I used to use the paper blotts by Avon. I think they worked fine.