Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A.G

Benzoyl Peroxide =O

Does a moisturiser affect the work of benzoyl peroxide cream?

When i use BP and a moisturiser my acne looks really red and even worse. :confused:

P.S How long do anti-biotics like Minocycline take to have an affect. My doc said i need that first and then maybe erythromycine after before im even considered for accutane. Then he goes, you probably will need accutane. WHAT Why put me through another 2-3 months of this. Im really struggling and acne has ruined my life :cry:

Not in my experience. A good moisturizer will work with the BP, not against it. But BP is proven to make your acne/blemishes/skin even more sensitive. I used BP for three months and my blemishes became a lot more noticeable. Sure, it kept the acne away from the surface of my skin, but it did nothing for those pesky blemishes brewing underneath. I recently switched to Tazorac.

I'm also on an anti-biotic, Tetracycline, and I still haven't seen 'results' after a couple weeks of use. My doc said it takes about a month or so to see any significant results, but to hold out for it. I think your doc is taking the safest route. I know a lot of derm's that are hesitant about putting their patients on the Tane b/c the results can be great or they can be very discouraging, along with pesky side-effects. They also like to see what you can handle before taking 'the leap of faith' (Tane).

I'm sorry to hear it's causing you so much pain. I know where you're at. The only thing keeping me going is the knowledge that someday soon I'll be completely clear of acne, or I just won't care anymore. Preferably the first one. ^ ^ Just keep holding on.

When i use BP and a moisturiser my acne looks really red and even worse. :confused:

P.S How long do anti-biotics like Minocycline take to have an affect. My doc said i need that first and then maybe erythromycine after before im even considered for accutane. Then he goes, you probably will need accutane. WHAT Why put me through another 2-3 months of this. Im really struggling and acne has ruined my life :cry:

I'll have to ask my doc about tazorac if BP doesnt do anything. I was on oxytetracycline for a month and they did nothing. My doc just gave me minocycline which is much stronger. 1 mino = 4x tetracyclines.

Same to me as well. I just think of the day when im going to have no big red marks and it keeps me going.

BP just makes my pimples look bigger and redder.

I tried BP a few months ago and I woke up in the morning with a swollen face, that didn't go back down until that night. Haven't touched the stuff since.

Then I learn on this site, that you have to g_r_a_d_u_a_l_l_y increase BP - hahaha. OOPS. :doh:

If acidophilus doesn't kick in soon, I'll try it again. Although I'm intrigued by the thread about not washing her face for a month.

is BP meant to be left on your face or are u suppose to wash it off after a few minutes?

It is meant to stay on your face.

ppl have no patience lol..i thought i was bad

n e ways wen u put the BP on ur face..it will definently look worse for the first 20 minutes

but thats y they tell u to put it on over night...and if u put it on in the morning it usually doesnt get as red right away but u shuld put it on right after ur shower and then go eat or something for 20 minutes