Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roope

Popping/scratching dilemma

Well, I have a small problem here. I've now been using accutane for a week, and my initial breakout is pretty nasty. All the bumps unbder my skyn come to a head really fast though, and usually seem "poppable" in a day or two after they've appeared.

So to my problem, I'm someone who you might call a "chronic scratcher", for as long as I remember I've scratched everything I can from mosquito bites to zits. The problem is though, that i don't scratch anything during daytime, but when I'm asleep! I might just wake up in the morning with my fingers and face covered in dried blood. I've pretty much tried everything, clipping my nails every day (but somehow I'll still manage to scratch! :confused: ) and wearing thin gloves (I don't get sleep if I wear gloves at night as its way too hot...).

So, how dangerous is it to pop zits when on accutane? I mean it must be better for me to pop them out clean rather than scratch them out... My mother usually pops the zits, she doesnt use any pressure and uses desinfected tools for it and puts alcohol on them afterwards, we've done this many times before accutane and they haven't left any scars nor have they ever got infected, always looked way better a few days after the clearing.

I know that skin doesnt heal quite so well while on accutane, but is it still ok to pop the ones that are on surface? I'll probably end up scratching them out asleep if I dont... :think:

Have you found any solutions for night time scratching?

Thanks!