Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foomph

Dan's Jojoba Oil

I just wanted to say that I love this stuff! I haven't really tried a lot of jojoba oils out there mostly because of the price...I really love it and use it consistently to remove makeup. I also add a drop to my nightime moisturizer on occasion.

So far NO breakouts form it, just soft, smooth skin. I've been using it for a month or more now.

Just thought I'd let you know! Feel free to ask questions!

What are the ingredients? Do you know if it works on sensitive skin that has windburn on the cheeks?

Im having a difficult time visualizing an oil on my face not being greesy and not making a mess. I just envision it all over my pillowcases and breaking out horrible like I did with desert escence jojoba oil

I started using Dan's Jojoba oil too. I was a bit scared at first, but my face has been so damn dry lately, that I needed to find something that worked. I had tried Cetaphil Cream and it broke me out. I saw all the rave reviews for the Jojoba oil and decided to give it a go.

I've been using it for a couple weeks now and so far so good. It leaves my skin moisturized and I haven't broken out! :dance:

As for the ingredients, I think it's pure jojoba oil, but if you broke out from the dessert essence, then I'm not sure if I would try it if I were you.

The thing is, you really only need a drop or 2. If you put a lot on your face, yes it can get oily, so less is more :) The ingredient is just pure jojoba oil. I would give it a go, Molly!

I started using Dan's Jojoba oil too. I was a bit scared at first, but my face has been so damn dry lately, that I needed to find something that worked. I had tried Cetaphil Cream and it broke me out. I saw all the rave reviews for the Jojoba oil and decided to give it a go.

I've been using it for a couple weeks now and so far so good. It leaves my skin moisturized and I haven't broken out! :dance:

As for the ingredients, I think it's pure jojoba oil, but if you broke out from the dessert essence, then I'm not sure if I would try it if I were you.

I just bought a two fluid ounce container of Desert Essence brand jojoba oil on Friday. I wanted to try a smaller amount before committing to a big container like the one Dan is selling. It wasn't cheap at $6 a bottle, but I have to say, I like it so far. One drop in your moisturizer definitely goes a LONG way. It really keeps down the flakes and my skin feels so smooth from it. I'm currently breaking out on my chin, but I think that has more to with where I am in my cycle and the hot and humid weather we're having here versus two days of usage of jojoba oil. If I'm certain I don't break out from this stuff, I will try the stuff Dan is selling.

I used Desert Essence jojoba oil too. In the winter I was adding about 4 or 5 drops to my moisturizer, but now two or three drops work just fine. I love it though. Jojoba oil leaves my skin very soft and moisturized, w/out being greasy.

It didnt give me just a small breakout. I had ten cystic pimples all lined up in a row under my chin after using that stuff.

It didnt give me just a small breakout. I had ten cystic pimples all lined up in a row under my chin after using that stuff.

Yikes! That better not happen to me! :shock:

I just recently started using Dan's Jojoba oil as well.. and i'm in love! I dont ever use a moisturizer anymore and this leaves my skin with a glow! It's definetly helped with my overall appearance. And no breakouts from it :D Definetly recommend... Oh ya also my make up goes on SO much better! My friend even commented how it looked really natural and glowy :)

I just recently started using Dan's Jojoba oil as well.. and i'm in love! I dont ever use a moisturizer anymore and this leaves my skin with a glow! It's definetly helped with my overall appearance. And no breakouts from it :D Definetly recommend... Oh ya also my make up goes on SO much better! My friend even commented how it looked really natural and glowy :)

Does it make your skin look oily or it absorbs well?

foomph, how are you using it as a make-up remover? i don't know if it was my technique, or just that my skin doesn't like jojoba oil, but i broke out from it. :( i went back to the cleansing oil i was using before and have been clearing up. i'm not sure where i went wrong....

on the other hand, i have uber curly, frizzy hair, and used about four drops on my hair this morning (didn't feel like wetting it and re-doing it all this morning and it was all over the place,) and it was awesome! gave my hair shine and cut down on the frizz!

It absorbs really well. Just make sure that when you put it on your face is wet, and also like others are saying less is more! Since I don't use another moisturizer I use 4 drops total. I divide it up like 2 drops for each side of my face, and I have naturally oily skin. Since using this my skin has stayed more matte looking.. I havn't experienced having an oily face like I used to... its kinda amazing. I was outdoors on Saturday and it was really nice where I live (like 80's). Me and some friends played tennis and I was sweating and everything and my skin still looked nice (not oily) when we were done. (Obviously I was sweating so that was on my forehead and what not, but once it absorbed, it looked good still) Like I said I'm in love! :D

Really?! Cool! I just spoke with my dermatologists medical assistant and shes gonna ask him his opinion on jojoba oil as a moisturizer for me. I might buy Dans but I would like to know what my derm thinks first.