Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

eyebrow makeup tips

Now, that I have my eyebrows waxed, Im thinking maybe I should change the color. I do not like having black eyebrows. It looks stupid because I have light brown hair and I have highlights put in twice a year. Is there such thing as eyebrow make up to make my eyebrows brown?

Thank you for the suggestion but I dont really want to bleach them. I want to use make up. That way I can use it and at the end of the day, I can just wash it off.

Oh I see. I use the Maybelline's Brow Powder and Pencil. I have really dark brows and I use feather light strokes to fill them to a lighter brown since I also just recently highlighted my hair a blonde/caramel color.

Oh I see. I use the Maybelline's Brow Powder and Pencil. I have really dark brows and I use feather light strokes to fill them to a lighter brown since I also just recently highlighted my hair a blonde/caramel color.

Yes, thats exactly what I was wondering about. I didnt know if eyebrow make up existed or not. Apparently it does

Thank you for the suggestion but I dont really want to bleach them. I want to use make up. That way I can use it and at the end of the day, I can just wash it off.

i think you'd have to use a lot of makeup if you're covering up black eyebrows. if you want to save time you might as well lightly get them bleached. im surprised the lady didn't suggest it at the salon.

i think you'd have to use a lot of makeup if you're covering up black eyebrows. if you want to save time you might as well lightly get them bleached. im surprised the lady didn't suggest it at the salon.

That wouldnt work. I would have to go to the salon like three times a month. No way am I doing that

you can bleach your eyebrows at home; you don't have to go to a salon for it. i'm not so sure about making black eyebrows lighter with make-up either. i would check out glamorous's suggestions though. if that doesn't work, you'll either just have to deal with them as is, or consider lightening them yourself. it really isn't a big deal.

you can bleach your eyebrows at home; you don't have to go to a salon for it. i'm not so sure about making black eyebrows lighter with make-up either. i would check out glamorous's suggestions though. if that doesn't work, you'll either just have to deal with them as is, or consider lightening them yourself. it really isn't a big deal.

It looks bizzare though. I have brown hair with honey blonde highlights and then my eyebrows are dark black =/

I made my hair appointment today, Molly. And, I already do but, I will have the same problem...my hair will be much lighter than my black brows. Anyway, I bought Jolen bleaching cream today and am planning on using it tonight or tomorrow. I also bought some diff shades of eyebrow pencil/gel stuff and I already have some dark brown EM eyebrow powder so I will let you know how it goes. I must say, the directions for Jolen cream seem extremely easy...

the only way to lighten them is to bleach them. if ur filling them in b/c they're sparse, then u could get away with a brow powder because ur actual brow isn't full enough. but, if you've got full brows, the only way to lighten them is to bleach them. the process is easy, u dont need to go to a salon to do it and u dont do it as often as u would think.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do to lighten your eyebrows with just makeup. It's different for those with lighter eyebrows who want them darker, but not for us dark brow'd chicks. :D Like everyone else has said, you'd have to bleach them, either at the salon or at home. Since you don't want to do it at the salon, a home kit would be best. If you don't want to bleach at all, then you may just have to deal with having darker eyebrows (I think they look just fine.)

Or you could give your hair a darker tint.

I don't know how well it would work, but you can try lemon juice. It would probably take a lot, and lord forbid some dripping into your eyes, but it's a cheaper and safer alternative (safer than bleach).

I just used Jolen bleaching creme two nights ago and it was really easy. I left it on for five minutes (my individual eyebrow hairs are thick and black) and that was the perfect amount of time to soften them up. Now they're a medium brown. I'm glad I did it because I can still go dark, which I have to cause my hair is still dark, but it's a lot harder to go lighter w/o bleaching like others have said. Also I bought this product from revlon, on one end there's a brow pencil (which I was really scared of...I prefer powders for just about everything) and a tinted gel and it's a really good buy! It makes my brows look REALLY brown so there's no question that they're lighter but it does darken them a bit...idk how to explain it, but it gives a good polished look to my brows. Oh also, after I use the pencil I use a spoolie to soften the lines and groom my eyebrows at the same time, they're really unruly, and then apply that gel stuff. Blab Blab Blab >>

lol weird, I thought you knew everything about make-up, molls.

I've never used it but my mom does.

You must be joking, I dont know much about make up at all and Im always having problems applying it. By the way, please dont call me Molls. I absolutely despise that nickname

The only way you could get your eyebrows to be lighter without bleaching them would be the same technique as blonde's use to lighten their dark roots in between touchups, is use a face powder or lighter brownish eyeshadow on them. I've tried it on my brows one time, but it doesnt make too much of a difference and it doesnt really stay too well. I would just get the overall color changed cause it will be easier for you than have to mess with touching up and what not, you can leave the bleach on for as little as you like. One time I left it on for maybe only 2-3 minutes and it made the most subtle change in color and I was happy with it.

This isnt about the color of my eyebrows =/

This isnt about the color of my eyebrows =/

Now, that I have my eyebrows waxed, Im thinking maybe I should change the color. I do not like having black eyebrows. It looks stupid because I have light brown hair and I have highlights put in twice a year. Is there such thing as eyebrow make up to make my eyebrows brown?

I know you didnt mean any harm in it but please dont call me Molls. I hate that nickname; its ugly.

I dont know everything about make up, far from it. I know about foundation and lips but the rest, not really.

Are you gals even reading my thread? This is not about making the color of my eyebrows darker. This is about how I shaved my eyebrow too far in by mistake and how I overplucked months ago and now they arent growing back.

Re-read the thread Molly. "eyebrow makeup tips" NOT I shaved my eyebrow off. Note the DATES of the posts you are replying to. They are a YEAR OLD.

Re-read the thread Molly. "eyebrow makeup tips" NOT I shaved my eyebrow off. Note the DATES of the posts you are replying to. They are a YEAR OLD.

Opps, wrong thread! Remember I made a thread about my eyebrows the other day. Sorry, my fault. I got confused.

Dear confused girl with no eyebrow,

I read your problems. They are plentiful. Eyebrow makeup is not needed on such a capitalist and when eyebrows are removed there is nothing to use make up with.

I have great hair on my face. I am great and leader of Soviet Union. I sometimes pray to our god, which is me, that i can get even better facial hair. However with you being capitalist and having such eyebrow difficulty i can only feel pain for you. Therefore i shall shave a bit of my mighty tache off and send it to you in the mail so you can use it as eyebrow wig. I will send my best mailman and he shall run and swim as fast as he can. He should arrive within the year. You must provide him with seat for when he arrives as he will be tired.

Meanwhile, you must look into communism as it is great and brilliant. Pick up a leaflet at your nearest post office. If there are no communist leaflets at post office, then you must campaign on the street. I expect a return on the brilliant wad of moustache i am sending you.

Yours confusingly,

Jo