Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sideline

PLEASE HELP!! Am I allergic to BP?

My normal routine is to wash with Neutrogena 2% salicylic acid every morning and night. This morning I broke out all over my face so after my normal wash I put Clearasil ULTRA vanishing cream (10% Benzoyl Peroxide) on all the different spots. I also used Neutorgena moisutizer w/ spf 15.

During the day i fell asleep outside in my hammock for about an hour with a towel over my head because the sun was in my eyes... Now it is toward the end of the day and on all the spots I put BP my face is bright red. I have big red squares on about 5 different spots of my face and it looks ridiculous. I don't know if it was sunbrun or if I am allergic or if it is normal? If anybody knows PLEASE HELP. thanks

10% BP plus sun is not the best thing to do for your skin. Something like the sun changes the composition of the Benzoyl Peroxide to some acid and burns your skin?

Do your use BP often? 10% is probably only for those whose skin have become resistant to lower concentrartions of BP. Since your normal routine doenst include BP its best to use lower concentrations.

I doubt its an allergic reaction

From my experience using BP, higher % makes the PIH worse and it heals soooooooo slow. Of course ive stopped using BP like 4 months ago, but it does work for many so i wont talk down BP. But i suggest using 2% BP and possibly sunscreen after it dries if your going to be in the sun all day.