Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, all.

Just wondering what SPF you Accutaners used/use? I have an awesome heated in ground pool and being in the sun prevents my zits from leaving red marks, so I'd to still be able to be in the sun a bit. I was thinking SPF85 applied every couple hours or so would do it? Advice??

Hey, all.

Just wondering what SPF you Accutaners used/use? I have an awesome heated in ground pool and being in the sun prevents my zits from leaving red marks, so I'd to still be able to be in the sun a bit. I was thinking SPF85 applied every couple hours or so would do it? Advice??

I'm from hot, sunny AZ and I have been using Eurcerin Moisturizer w/spf 30. But if I were going to be tanning or swimming I'd probably use something much stronger. I wouldn't recommend tanning to help your redmarks though, it's just a bandaid; it may seem like it's doing you some good, but it's not.

It seems like I'm going a little overboard thinking I need spf85 haha.

Tanning has always gotten rid of my redmarks..I don't know why. Maybe I'm just lucky like that. But thanks anyway :)

Proper sunscreens with SPF30 block almost 97% of UV rays. And no matter how the SPF number is high, it would last less than 4-5 hours(physical sunscreens usually stay longer). So, it's better to choose around 15-30 SPF one and if you're going to stay long in the sunlight, you probably want to apply it every 2-3 hours.