Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowsloth

Paying for Accutane

I have severe (maybe moderate/severe) cystic acne and have no doubt that I need to take Accutane (both through my own research/common sense and from my dermotologist). My problem--this is a really big problem--is that I don't have insurence and can't afford to pay for insurence at this time. In the meantime I've been taking a bunch of stuff that doesn't help at all (tetracycline, doxycycline, Differin, Retin-A, Clinac) just because it's either cheap or my doctor can give me free samples. But I can't just keep waiting. I've had cystic acne since I was 14 (now 21) and it's just getting worse and creating more scars. Through my own research I just found out that Roche has a program to give the medicine for free to those with financial need (no doctor ever told me this). My new doctor (not very good) didn't seem too interesting in helping me either, but I called Roche and had them send her the forms, but she hasn't answered any of my 3 phone calls in the last three weeks. Hmmm. Anyway, what I'm getting as is: has anyone had any experience with getting Accutane free through Roche or with some sort of payment plan with their clinic? This is really frustrating.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and for any advice. :D

Hi Yellowsloth,

I was told about the free accutane through my derm. I had to apply for it there and they sent it to roche lab (New Jersey, I think) for me. Roche then had to approve the app. (which took almost a month) and then they sent the supply to my derm's office. I got a seven-month supply for free. I just go in to the derm every month for the tests and to pick up my 30-day supply. Very cool since I could never afford to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Anyway, hope that helps.