Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drprox

Redness around lips

Hi, i am on accutane at the moment and have developed a wierd problem with my lips. I have been getting dry lips like most people and have been putting moisturiser on them, but i have started to get like a redness around my lips which makes them look bigger than they are, as if i have overdone it with lipstick or something (not like i wear any im a bloke).

Also it seems the redness has started to flake and goes a bit scaley (a bit liek in this pic here http://www.visualdxhealth.com/images/dx/we...tis_8652_lg.jpg ). Hard to explain.

Just wonder if anyone else has experienced this and if there is any products i could try to keep it under conrol.

Cheers.

J

I get the same thing, i've been on accutane for about 3 months now. It not only feels uncomfortable but it looks gross. What are you currently using? I suggest you look into aquaphor. Don't be afraid to apply a lot of it. Vaseline helps as well. Carmex may help relieve any uncomfort you may be feeling. Try those things. Those are what helps me. I have to keep applying it a lot though. Hope I helped any

I have the same problem...tried chapstick, vaseline, complex 15, and prevex, but nothing really seems to work.

yea i had that. i used equate - triple antibiotic ointment. my sister had it, and the first few weeks i got these zits on my lips that wouldnt heal. they would just scab over then the scab keep falling off too early, before it healed. i would put this stuff on at night(its really shiny), and in a few days it would finally heal. the active ingredients are bacitracin, neomycin sulfate, and polymyxin-b sulfate. equate is just a generic brand, so i think anything like that would heal it too. :D

i remember having the exact same problem on and off when i was on accutane. that redness is very annoying, and i remembered it had a burning feeling around my lips. it definitely wasnt caused by dryness. but after a week or two it just went back to normal even though i didnt change anything. this kept coming back and then dissapearing which was strange. but its gone for good now. i have no clue but my only guess would be on accutane you need to apply so much lip balm that it maybe irritates your skin somehow.

I actually wasnt applying anything at first until my lips started to get quite dry and then i just used a bit of moisuriser but not no more than anywhere else. At least im not the only one with this issue.

I had red alot round my lips while using vaseline n stuff..

I bought Dr dans a week ago now my lips are perfect, id get dr dans

get dr dans its the only thing that works to get rid of that i had it to during my 6 months of accutane