Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliass

Getting bored of eating fruit and veg, any suggestions?

Hey people, my skin in pretty clear but occasionally i get these big spots on my chin, which is said to be associated with hormones. Im 18, so sppose that makes sense. For a week now i've cut out all sugers and have only eaten fruit and veg, along with the dinners my mum serves which are healthy. I've only drunk water and am getting a good amount of sleep to try and get perfect skin but it seems ive always got 2 or 3 spots on my face

My question is, what else is healthy aside from veg,fruit and water?

I've heard green tea is good, but i also read that caffeine is bad for acne, so i'm a bit confused there. Ive cut out dairy after reading that it is very bad and frequently prompts outbreaks.

So guys, what foods do you eat that are healthy and fun?

Today i've had Strawberries, bannanas, apples, cheese sandwhich ( first dairy product of the week) and a fish pie for dinner, now im hungry!!

Thanks!

Alias

Try soy. It's tasty + healthy, try to find non g.m.o. soy.

Really you can do many things with it, my friend is a veg and she eats different meals with soy, it's a new world to explore.

When I think of diet, I think of creativity because when you're on a diet you need to be really creative. Maybe start steeming your vegetables? Or you could always make a Green smoothie every now and then, which taste really good and give a good serving of fruits and vegetables:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t=0&start=0

Like D n said, soy is also really good for you and is pretty tasty. Just don't be afraid to try new things. It will really benefit you in the long run!

with tea most of the caffeine is released in the first 30 seconds of steeping so just make some hot water pour it into a cup then dunk the tea for 30 seconds dump water from the cup pour in fresh water then steep as usual to make almost caffeine free tea also it is best to use good quality tea if you can use loose tea

I love green tea, but most of my stuff is from china and only my dad can read the labels. Green tea has loads of anti-oxidants which help to prevent new spots forming by acting as an anti-bacterial (i think it also lowers testosterone but I could be wrong - good for hormonal acne), but it wont help current spots generally. Try not to have tea bags - the flavour isn't as good and the caffeine level is generally higher than for loose leaf. High grade teas tend to have more caffeine but are sweeter as they use the tea flush. If you throw out the first infusion, then drink the second one there should be less caffeine too.

I have lots of tomatoes and garlic (use parsley to combat garlic-breath) (right now im eating a prawn, tomato and garlic stew). Lots of rice too, often jollof because of the tomatoiness.

One of my friends got really ill from just eating fruit and veg as she wasn't getting enough fibre. I reacon it isnt about what you do eat, but what you dont.

Try to avoid anything high in sugar, dairy products, and products containing monosodium glutamate (often in pot noodles and other junk food). However not everyone is affected by food so it may make little difference, you just have to experiment. Nothing wrong with meat or fish either!

Thanks for that mate, any chance you could elaborate on the Green tea issue and any particular brands you recommend if it is benificial to acne

Also, can i not have wholemeal bread?