Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneDepress

Not using too much BP in the beginning ... why?

Hey.

I've ordered Dan's starting kit, and I am expencting the delivery within the next couple of days.

I watched the movies on how to use it, but I want to ask you: Why not use a lot of the treatment/BP in the beginning?

I am out of patience, and I do not care if it will itch a lot etc. Though, will using too much in the beginning mean that my skin will take permanent damage, then I will avoid it.

I do not care about how my skin is looking the next 2 months... I only care what it will look like in the future.

So will I take permanent damage by using too much BP in the beginning of the regimen?

Thanks... And peace.

For the regimen to wrote the best, it's best to slowly work your way up to larger doses. BP will cause dryness, flaking and lots of irritation if you use to much too soon. So, you'll have acne and a red face. Not fun! It takes your skin a while to get used to it. If you use to much and your skin gets dry, red and irritated, then it may make everything worse. Your skin should always be moisturized.

For me personally, after I got over the inital break out and my skin started to look better, it became a balancing act. To hot and humid, I needed more BP. Winter came and my skin got sooo dry, I cut back to once a day. If I get to dry then I'll break out.

I don't think it will cause permanent damage, but the regimen won't work well if you use to much too soon. You'll probably get more depressed and frustrated and want to quit. The only damage I can think of would be what we all deal with from having acne in the first place - red marks, scarring, hyperpigmentation.

HTH :)

I don't know about permanent damage from using way too much BP too soon, but the redness/peeling/itching/flaking won't go away quickly, that's for sure. I would think the adjustment period from using the full dose of BP right away would be quite a bit longer than 2 months, considering that people who do start slowly and ramp up often still have problems with dryness at the 2 month mark. You also won't look clear while you are dealing with these side effects and might even damage your skin to the point where you face discolorations for months afterwards. Trust me, the acne is easier to deal with than intense flaking and redness. People will generally not comment on your acne, but they will ask you questions about your burned, sandpaper-looking skin.

Trust me, the acne is easier to deal with than intense flaking and redness. People will generally not comment on your acne, but they will ask you questions about your burned, sandpaper-looking skin.

Both flaking and redness suck, that's for sure. It's also true that people will ask you what you did to get a "sunburn" like this. On the other hand, the redness from BP usage "covers" alot of the redness caused by acne. This is similar to people believing their skin improves from tanning, which actually isn't true. The only thing that happens is that red marks and pimples are covered by darker skin.

If you think of BP redness as a sunburn (and tell other people so), it is much easier to deal with. I found it to be a "nice" change. It even gives your face a "fresh" and active look.

This is not to say that you should go ahead and use the full amount right away. I am simply saying that redness happens to most people using BP and will subside after a while. If you are expecting it and have bought the right products to deal with it, the only thing you need is a little patience to get over the first few weeks.