Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am 16 years old and suffer from mild/moderate acne, i started taking accutane about 56 days ago. the first few weeks on tane i had the worst breakout ive ever had on my face. since then its clear and scars are disappearing. i have the normal dry skin/lips and drys eyes. Today i decided to go out and tan in the sun (with sunscreen of course), i drank some water but i was sweating so much i soaked my towel in just sweat. i found this to be really odd since i typically never sweat at all and not even close to that much when i do. so i stood up from laying down about an hour later when i was done and started walking, about the time i entered my house a min later and walked to get some water my vision started becoming blurry, i didn't have an idea what was going on so i went to go splash some cold water on my face. on the way up i couldn't walk straight, and almost fell in the hallway, i turned on the water and i could barely hear it running out of the facet, it was as if my ears were plugged and i also couldnt fine myself in the mirror. 5 mins later of leaning on the counter with my head down i awoke and took a cold shower, by that time i could see again and could hear perfectly. I'm pretty sure this all happened because of dehydration, due to i didn't drink enough water and sweat so much. so if anyone is going to do outside or go tan DRINK WATER! :D

What spf did you have on? I'd still like to be able to be in the sun on Accutane :(

spf 30, its probably my 4th time tanning while on accutane and i do just fine, first time i didn't put anything on and i burned fast, but if you put sunscreen on you should do just fine. tanning has helped my scars go away

Really, only spf30 stopped you from burning?

yea, i stay out for about an hour and 30mins, if i were going to stay out for a longer period i would definitely reapply more.

do u have any idea whether the excessive sweating is a temporary or permanent side effect of the accutane?