Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eyeofthetiger

Wedding Blues FUUUUCK

So

I just got back from one of my REALLY good friends weddings. I went to the church, sat through the ceremony, and then made up an excuse why I could not go to the reception. Well I am broken out like a mother fucker, and a lil kid ran up to me and goes WHATS ALL OVER YOUR FACE?? So I was like UMM I HAVE NO IDEA and kind of laughed it off. It just makes me sick cause I am 25 years old, and I am looking around at these guys that have PERFECT skin, or even 15 or 16 year olds that have amazing skin and I am just so fed up with it. I start doing a full body internal cleanse tomorrow. I know EVERYONE says the same thing I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING but literally I have. I know that acne is something that is more an internal problem then it is an external problem. I don't believe in putting creams, and benzoyl peroxide on my face, I eat right, work out 6 times a week, and it just boggles my mind why I break out ALL the time. This has been a battle since I was 14, and at this point it's almost redicolous!! I am hoping this cleanse really helps detoxify my liver, cause I know that I have liver problems, and I know that I am a recovering alcoholic, but man 4 years of sobriety, and well even before I started drinking I've ALWAYS had horrible skin. I guess this was more of a vent, and an over all frustration cause I had to leave my friends wedding on account of me just NOT wanting people to fuckin stare at me, and well that lil kid said what EVERYONE was thinking!!

post-75094-1212870695_thumb.jpg

post-75094-1212870727_thumb.jpg

post-75094-1212870840_thumb.jpg

post-75094-1212870695_thumb.jpg

post-75094-1212870727_thumb.jpg

post-75094-1212870840_thumb.jpg

Well

Right now and for the next 3 weeks I am doing a full body colon cleanse/liver flush/kidney flush etc etc. So my diet is ALL vegetables (organic) 2 eggs (organic) in the morning, 2 3oz Pieces of Organic Chicken Breast, 2 Cups Of Organic Brown Rice a Day. And TONS of water.

Thats' my diet for the next three weeks. But before that Id have usually since I work out and train a bunch

2 Pouched Eggs (one with the yolk, the other just egg white), and One piece of whole wheat all natural bread

lunch Ill have a 1/2 cup of all natural organic refried beans, one whole wheat all natural tortilla wrap, 3oz grilled all natural organic chicken breast, 1 cup of mixed fruit, 2 cups of lettuce, tons of water

dinner anything from a stir fry, to fish or whatever.

I don't "snack" and if I do snack it's usually just carrot sticks, or celery, my diet is ALL natural and organic, I literally am a HEALTH FREAAAK ahha, and I've gone vegetarian for almost 8 months and there was no change in my skin, so I know for me it's not really my diet. I just started my cleanse today so Ill be posting pics in a few weeks. Wish me luck!!

Whats your diet like ,, what do you eat for breakfast ,snacks, lunch and dinner,,?

Well for me, my baby cousin always asks me whats on my face, and I just say I dont know and I brush it off. You just have to understand kids are just curious sometimes and cant really blame them. Thats how I look at it. I guess everyones situation varies though. good luck man

Mate, I totally feel your frustration. I'm 21 and my skin varies rapidly all the time; I've had kids make similar comments and have suffered from huge self-esteem issues when posed with big events, just like yourself. I'm undergoing a course of accupuncture and cupping treatments, as well as eating fuit, veg, lean meat, eliminating all dairy and rapidly reducing wheat. I also do plenty of yoga and keep in good shape, but still my skin goes haywire. I mean, where are all these apparent toxins coming from?!

Today I visited my Chinese Doctor because last night I had a horrible shock when I looked in the mirror - the whole bottom half of my face was covered in nasty lumps (smaller than whiteheads but an uncountable amount!) and she said I'd definitely had an allergic reaction to something. I suspect it's from having my hair dyed a couple of days back - when I was feeling confident! This is such a rollercoaster. And right now I feel shit. I'm meant to be working at a health spa for Christsake, but there's no way I can go in looking like this!

Good luck with the liver cleanse.

Hi

I know what that feels like :( Once a few years ago i attended an evening class and the teachers 6 year old son was there. He started drawing pictures on the blackboard of the students in the class, well you know where this is going... of course my picture had many spots. very embarrasing.

I can appreciate your objection against going on Accutane as you prefer natural methods. But believe me sometimes the natural approach just isn't enough. Roaccutane(uk) cleared my acne, and i tried everything. An internal cleanse wont give you the results you want, it may give you an improvement for a period of time but you want an actual solution. Iv recently started B5 purely for the oil control benefits and this has now dried up my oily skin nicely. Perhaps b5 is a route for you?

One thing is for sure, even if you have the perfect diet you can still have acne. Living life with acne is restraining enough, but adding a further restraining diet just adds to the burden.

Exercise and diet can help acne by circulating blood, however it also yoyos hormone lvls. This shoukd not be confused with any type of cure.

Roaccutane is a solution, and b5 i believe can be very effective. These are the options if you want to kiss acne goodbye.

Hey I just noticed all the talk about toxins. This might make you feel a little better, but acne is not really caused be the toxins in the body. You can eat health and work out and wash like a saint, but you skin will still have acne. Acne is hormonal... that is why it appears often during puberty. Some people, such as me self, never get there hormones balanced out. It has a lot to do with genetics, even if your parents had no acne doesn't mean that you won’t get a mix of genes that will make you more acne prone. Try accutane - I have read a lot about it and it has had a lot of great responses and the treatment normally doesn't last more the 5 months.

Hope it helps a little... best of luck to you.

You're right. I know it's way more than toxins. I was just venting my frustration. It can be caused by many things, of course: excessive hormones, emotional/psychological imbalance. Ah. shit. The list is endless.

do you break out when you shave? You seem to have pretty a thick beard and I know when I trim (not even shaving, which I would never do again) I breakout now. I've been on accutane twice, while it helped me a LOT I still get breakouts, and I've noticed a good deal of them are where I trim my facial hair. I'm just going to stop trimming or at least trimming so low.

Hi eyeofthetiger. I followed an organic diet very similar to yours (minus the bread and tortillas) for about 3 or 4 months, and I never got clear either, didn't even see any improvement. I also took omega 3-6-9 supplements (borage oil, evening primrose oil, cod liver oil), zinc and selenium. I'll be very interested if someone can anwer what's wrong with this diet - I've gone the prescription route for now since my cystic acne was really getting outta control, but don't want to be stuck on meds forever.

GL on your cleanse, i think that might be the final piece to solving your puzzle in dealing with acne. Its nice to see that you believe in a holistic approach because acne is definately an internal problem. Topicals just suppress your acne and does nothing more. Of course you already know this :P

I noticed you mentioning you have liver problems, that indeed may be the root of your problem. I look forward to hearing of your success.

edit:

Hi eyeofthetiger. I followed an organic diet very similar to yours (minus the bread and tortillas) for about 3 or 4 months, and I never got clear either, didn't even see any improvement. I also took omega 3-6-9 supplements (borage oil, evening primrose oil, cod liver oil), zinc and selenium. I'll be very interested if someone can anwer what's wrong with this diet - I've gone the prescription route for now since my cystic acne was really getting outta control, but don't want to be stuck on meds forever.

^^ Where this is confusing though is that acne takes between weeks and months to develop. How do you know that a breakout you get today was not caused not by what you just ate but what you were eating 2 months ago? I really doubt eating say 1 orange would cause acne, and that acne would become visible within 24 hours. Surely it's more of a culmulative effect involving what you eat every day.

Hey guys

Sorry for the lack of communication.

Ok so I've been on the cleanse for exactly 7 days, and I've noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin. I am not gonna take any new pics until the cleanse is done and I go back to my doctor and we figure out what foods are working for me and what aren't. For some reason I think my acne flare ups might have something to do with Wheat/Bread, I have NOOOO idea why haha, but ether way my skin is starting to clear up, my chest, and back as well, so guys Im tellin you this is the first and only thing that has worked, so I am by no means getting my hopes up, but it's definitly a promising start.

Ill let y'all know how things are progressing.

Keep up the fight, we will all get to that place ONE DAY!!

^^ Where this is confusing though is that acne takes between weeks and months to develop. How do you know that a breakout you get today was not caused not by what you just ate but what you were eating 2 months ago? I really doubt eating say 1 orange would cause acne, and that acne would become visible within 24 hours. Surely it's more of a culmulative effect involving what you eat every day.

Im not sure about months to "develop" acne. It takes on average about a week to see something you ate and the pimple forming large enough for you to see it (assuming if it is a trigger). Everyone is different, there is not a one size fit all, otherwise there wouldnt be a need for that many doctors and products for you to use out there...since you know X product cures Y problem. If someone were allergic to citrus, you think an orange would take 2 months for him to notice the effects? Same thing can be asked about BP. If someone were allergic to BP would you think it would take that person 2 months to notice it? Dont be silly.

You are right about the cumulative effect though. Assuming your body is in healthy shape, a little junkfood here and there wouldnt hurt (assuming you still stay away from foods that your body is sensitive to) and you would need to eat crap for a while for the bad effects to kick in at full force. But the same can be applied in reverse, if your not in healthy shape, you will notice the effects of a good diet and a "healthy" lifestyle in about a month and the full effects really kick in after the second (again, healthy is a pretty subjective term around here) . Feel free to hop over to the Holistic Forums if you want to read up on what has cleared people, although Ndnromeo's regimen is perhaps the most basic and you may be interested in that.

Hey guys

Sorry for the lack of communication.

Ok so I've been on the cleanse for exactly 7 days, and I've noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin. I am not gonna take any new pics until the cleanse is done and I go back to my doctor and we figure out what foods are working for me and what aren't. For some reason I think my acne flare ups might have something to do with Wheat/Bread, I have NOOOO idea why haha, but ether way my skin is starting to clear up, my chest, and back as well, so guys Im tellin you this is the first and only thing that has worked, so I am by no means getting my hopes up, but it's definitly a promising start.

Ill let y'all know how things are progressing.

Keep up the fight, we will all get to that place ONE DAY!!

Thats awesome news. Yeh try to stay away from the wheat for a while and see if you clear up. If you do, perhaps you can eat a little wheat to see if it is indeed a trigger...or you can play it safe and never find out. Either way is good :P

I'm not being silly actually - acne forms via a whole different mechanism to an allergic reaction. All zits start with a comedone, and these have to take at least a few weeks to form. The pore wall suddenly bursts when the blockage gets big enough and then you have your zit/cyst but the clogged pore could have been sitting there growing bigger for up to several months. The bodies immune response to the ruptured pore is almost instant but the underlying cause isn't.

Why do you think you get initial breakout on accutane? Cause it's purging all the junk out that's been sitting in your skin for ages. You get like 6 months worth of zits in a few weeks.

I'm not saying someone couldn't suddenly get skin problems or 'breakout' from eating something they are allergic to, but in that case it's not acne it's hives.