Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shinoda

How I cured my acne!

The human body. Thats right, the human body. The best treatment aren't cleansers or soaps or ointments or creams or lotions or anything commercially sold in stores or given by dr's via prescriptions.

I've found the best cure for acne, is to simply leave it alone! My acne actually began relatively late i'd say, around the age of 17. I'm now 19 and pretty much acne free. And for those who say "he probably only had a few pimples here and there", no i didn't. I had acne on my face, neck, shoulders, back and chest. It was pretty bad on my back and chest, thankfully my neck and face were mild to moderate. facial acne left a few scars but nothing to bad, just a few small icepick like scars. the rest of the acne on my body healed without scarring and you woulda never guessed i ever had acne.

Now if your wondering how I got rid of it, my way of dealing with it was to simply leave it alone and let it runs its course! I didn't run out and buy creams and lotions and products filled with harsh chemicals like every other mindless teenager does. I simply let it run its course and went about my life. Call it will power, call it courage, call it what you will but I've always found the human body to be the best medicine of all, granted you treat the human body how it should be treated!

In my opinion acne is caused by an internal issue and acne is a mere message from your body saying "HEY SOMETHINGS WRONG HERE COME FIX IT!" and what happens when you don't fix the problem.... the messages get louder! and the acne gets worse. Fix the internal issue and your acne will go away! One of the best ways I personally found to treat acne was to simply eat relatively healthy, with the occasional soda or sweet thrown in here and there and let my body do what it does best...HEAL!

So if your dealing with acne, just leave it alone. Dont apply harsh chemicals and products and obsess over it. Just do your part in making sure your engine aka "Internal system" is working correctly and your body will take care of itself. take care of your body and it will take care of you!

I conucr for the most part except for the thing that initially one may require a few natural supplements to aid the starting of engine. Once the body starts working optimally even those can be done away with gradually.

:)

K

Doesn't belong in the acne.org regimen forum. Moving to nutrition and holistic health.

Um... you know there was a time long ago when I didn't do anything for my acne and it still came.. so you telling us that doing nothing about it (AGAIN) will heal it is laughable.

I fixed my internal issues(maldigestion, constipation, etc.) with chinese herbal medicine and I got a lot better. But indeed topical treatments are needed at some degree.

I posted a similar story yesterday too! Similar title..."how i beat acne"

I got it when i was 17 and im 19 now and acne free aswell!

Apparently our regimen is a water-only regime (i assume u wash your face with water when u shower?). So rather than calling it "doing nothing", its actually letting the skin heal itself.

Everytime i used lotions like BP i just get pimples in the area i washed. I eat healthy too (but eating junk food doens't bring about acne for me) and i sleep lots. This doesnt work for everyone though like "cashflow" mentioned in an earlier post.

I wish i did this. like NOT be paranoid over it.

If i didn't go overboard and medicated my face i suppose it wouldn't have got worse or even btter, it just disappeared.

I think this is one mistake a lot of people make - pleaseeee don't do so much it will make it worse.

My acne started @ 20. small bumps and stuff then i self medicated with bp and all that chemical shit because i was SOOO PARANOID. eventually it turned cystic. now it's winding down because im being gentle again, not so much use of chemicals but now im left with scars. oh well.

I am 30 and I agree with this to some degree. I only use water for my face too because everything else contributes to my skin becoming unmanageable and breaking out even more. I don't think you can just sit and wait though. You need to adjust your diet and try to find out what's happening internally to cause the acne.

Yes agreed. If a breakout does happen, try to find out what caused it and fix it. Similarly if using something (BP for example) leads to burning sensations and breakouts...stop it. I used to continue following Dans regime though it hurts like hell. Dam my face was a mess back then.

Funny enough, quite a number of peoples around go overboard with medications and creams in attempt to rid themselves of acne. It should be brought to peoples attention that doing less can sometimes be better.

hmm... interesting. I just dont know if it would work for me... My sister never uses anything on her face except water and we both have acne... and right now I have better skin than her.

i use tretinion cream at night and spf in the mornings but thats mainly to keep my skin looking even smooth and stuff. other than that i dont do anything though. i never wash with cleansers or put anything else on. my skin would always get too dry when i washed and make it look red and uneven.

i also took accutane a long time ago so acne isnt a problem really.

the theory behind topicals goes against cause and effect relationships, yes there is something internal most likely happening, perhaps in the global system of your body but we havent really been able to pinpoint it. topicals and creams are helpful but in no way are you eliminating the absolute cause.