Notifications
Clear all

High Taurine Doses

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 06/07/2008 12:28 pm

Hi, everybody!

First, let me give you a little background about me. 16 yo guy, suffering from acne since 5 grade (when I was 12). Moderate acne on the face (white and black heads, pustules, oily skin on forehead, dry on cheeks) and back and mild acne on chest. Creams, lotions, etc., etc. didn't work. I'm using holistic methods since February 2008. I managed to understand that I'm lactose-intolerant and that sugar cause me acne. This is how looks like my recent diet and supplements intake.

My current regimen

date: June 7, 2008

Diet

Avoid: dairy, sugars and sweeteners, grains (except oats), beans, white potatoes, bananas, junk food

Eat: all kind of meat, vegetables, apples, raisins, almonds

Drink: water, 3 cups of rooibos tea, 1 cup fresh carrot tea

Supplements

Vit. A - 30,000 IU

Vit. B - 50 mg (B Complex)

Vit. D - 1200 IU

Taurine - 5,000 mg

Taurine seems to work for me. Made my back acne from moderate to mild only for 4 days. I'm considering even to go on higher doses (like 7.5 gr. - 10 gr. taurine) to try. Maybe I'll be the first one to try Taurine megadosing :)

P.s: pardon my poor English.

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 06/08/2008 10:03 am

A little bit Taurine history:

Day 1 (Started on 4th June)

2 gr. Taurine

Day 2

4 gr. Taurine

Day 3

5 gr. Taurine

Day 4 (today)

5 gr. Taurine

3 hard-boiled whole eggs

cup of strawberries

cup of oats + raisins

300-400 gr. pork + vegetables and some potatoes

2 apples

50 gr. almonds

2 cups of rooibos

a little bit cheating - one piece of some kind of of wheat meal + sugar and milk in it (in Bulgarian it's called "dairy banitza")

Skin status: only 2 small pustules on cheeks (which is good), a lot of old red marks

I think I'm getting better and better. I hope this continue!

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 06/09/2008 12:58 pm

Day 5

5gr. Taurine

No masturbation

3 hard boiled eggs

200-300 gr. pork with vegetables and potatoes

100 gr. almonds

2 apples

5 rooibos tea

cheated with:

1/2 small loaf of whole grain bread

1 banana

Skin status: another pustules on my cheeks...I hate this part. Enormous amounts of red marks and inflamed acne almost every day. My forehead seems to be okey, only small white and black heads.

P.s. I'm starting for 3th or 4th (don't remember) the masturbation-free regimen. :) I will try it for one month this time.

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 06/10/2008 2:53 pm

Day 6

6 gr. Taurine

No masturbation

some chocolate and grains (4-5 slices whole grain bread)

I'm considering to follow strictly the diet from the next week.

MemberMember
(@yoshistr)

Posted : 06/11/2008 7:10 am

Try Iron supplements, and cod liver oil.

Avoid using any shampoo or conditioner while showering for a week to see improvements.

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 06/11/2008 11:33 am

Thanks for these advices :) Can you suggest me some natural shampoo?

Day 7

5 gr. Taurine

Damn..I ruined the masturbation-free regime today. :D I'll start again tomorrow, and this time seriously.

2 apples,

200-300 gr. pork

3 rooibos tea

green beans

1 banana

vegetables (tomatoes, cucumber, etc)

Decreasing vit A and D from 30,000 IU/1200 IU to 10,000/800 IU. I feel that this high vit. A doses gives me some kind of IB, but I'm not completely sure. We'll see :)

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 06/13/2008 3:37 pm

Day 9

5 gr. Taurine

Skin condition: taurine is definitely working for my skin. I hope this continue.

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 06/26/2008 1:22 pm

Day 22

Okey..I finished my first bottle.

Conclusion: definitely working. I see medium improvements, reduction mainly on face zits. My back acne these days is worsen by the high temperature and sweeting. Taurine is maybe the only one supplement thats seems to work for my skin, I'll continue using it. I'm sure it's not going to cure my acne completely with it, but its helping. I'll try experimenting with other methods.

See you on the .org

MemberMember
(@sadiee)

Posted : 02/16/2010 2:38 pm

I have a ? -- CAN SUMONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WAT TAURINE IS & WHY IT'S GOOD 4 ACNE. 2ND-- HAS ANYONE NOTICED INCREASED ENERGY AFTER TAKING THIS SUPPLEMENT?? thanks ;)

MemberMember
(@thatprimalguy)

Posted : 02/18/2010 8:53 am

sadiee - Taurine is a sulphur based amino acid that comes in powder or pill form. I personally take it in powder form with lemon juice. We're not 100% sure why it's good for acne, though I can personally testify that it works (turned my face from a minefield into near perfect clearness in less than a month). It's possible that taurine has this effect because it supports the liver, but I personally believe it's because it increases bile production, thus allowing better digestion (I think this because I could not stop losing weight before taking taurine, while my skin was bad, and now that I'm on taurine, my skin is better and I've gained back 6 kilos, putting me back in the healthy range.

Hope that helps -

If you want to start taking taurine, get it in powder form, and take 3-5 grams per day split into 2 servings, preferably with some lemon juice or other fruit juice to help absorb it.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/10/2013 5:58 pm

sadiee - Taurine is a sulphur based amino acid that comes in powder or pill form. I personally take it in powder form with lemon juice. We're not 100% sure why it's good for acne, though I can personally testify that it works (turned my face from a minefield into near perfect clearness in less than a month). It's possible that taurine has this effect because it supports the liver, but I personally believe it's because it increases bile production, thus allowing better digestion (I think this because I could not stop losing weight before taking taurine, while my skin was bad, and now that I'm on taurine, my skin is better and I've gained back 6 kilos, putting me back in the healthy range.

Hope that helps -

If you want to start taking taurine, get it in powder form, and take 3-5 grams per day split into 2 servings, preferably with some lemon juice or other fruit juice to help absorb it.

Have you experienced insomnia while taking taurine? I currently started taking a low dose of taurine (solgar free form taurine, 1 capsule per day = 50mg) and it's keeping me up all night even when I take it in the morning. I just bought the supplements so I don't want to throw them out but I think that even the lowest dosage of 50mg might be too much for me, unless my body is just adjusting to it. Do you think I should break the capsule and dilute it in juice and take it that way (maybe do 25mg that way)?

Also, is weight gain associated with taking taurine, or do you think you gained weight while on it because you needed to?