Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faust405245

Have you ever been insulted because of your acne?

I was just wondering whether anybody has ever been badly insulted because of the condition of their complexion. Personally I feel I've been lucky in regards to this; theres only been one time that really stands out for me. A few years ago there was girl who liked me. My mate asked one her mates whether she still did. Her friend just looked at me and said "Not with those spots." It was upsetting sure, but thats the only time I can remember anybody saying anything bad to me. Of course behind my back everyone probably says stuff all the time. ;)

So really all Ive had to face is my own fear of what people are going to say rather than what they actually say. Thats not great itself but is far better than the alternative. Just wondering what other peoples experiences have been??

Some female once told me I'd look real good if I wore makeup.... I'm not that type of dude if there is one....Nahhh

Back in the day, people used to say that my favorite place was the dark. Now I have my revenge. Can't wait until HS Reunion where I drop awesomeness on all my enemies.

Well, one time my friend went "You should be really lucky that your acne isnt as bad as some people. Seriously tho, you should try some proactive) I took it as a compliment/Insult :lol:

a couple years ago in high school me and this kid were trading insults and him and his friend called me pizza face so i had to lay the smack down of both those jackasses

Yeah, my friends used to joke about it just playing with me.

Even though you know they're just messing with you, still hurts.

i had a customer call my place of work and say that his order was messed up i asked who had done the order and he said a dark haired girl with acne all over her face of course i was hurt but i just laughed and said oh that would be me he just said oh and asked to speak to the manager lol prolly felt like a jerk but really it hurt my feelings to be labeled by a skin condition that i cant help.

When I first came to college, and my face was really red/with acne, one of my friends kept on picking on me about it, and he did it in a really mean way too:

"So, when's your face gonna get better? It's already been 3 months, and you said it'll be better by 2." ã…¡.ã…¡ etc...

Anyhow, thanks to azelaic acid, I'm pretty much super clear now, so I secretly feel good on the inside when he gets a few volcanos (@[email protected] I know, I'm horrible, lol)