Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esimpson

YAY I START ACCUTANE IN 1 MONTH

Well, I went to the derm yesterday and she is starting me on accutane in 1 month! I didn't have to even bring it up! I was so worried that she would want me to try everything else that I had tried in the past all over again, I was sooo wooried. Now I am stress free. She gave me all the Info and the IPlege book. I just can't wait to get this all done and over with and finally have clear skin! Any advice from the accutane veterans? I would appreciate it! Thanks!

i start month 3 tomorrow, and i have to say i was just as excited as u were. and the same thing happened to me, where they brought it up. if they didnt i would have, but i just told them everything i used and blam im on accutane. :D

few pointers, get aquaphor for ur lips.

and when u start to get really dry, start using cetaphil at night

did me wonders :D

i start month 3 tomorrow, and i have to say i was just as excited as u were. and the same thing happened to me, where they brought it up. if they didnt i would have, but i just told them everything i used and blam im on accutane. :D

They are going to give me the aquaphor for free, and they gave me a lot of cetaphil samples. How is the treatment going? Did you have a bad initial breakout?

That would kind of disappoint me if she recommended it right off the bat like you said. I could be a dermatologist and do that all day it sounds like. Good luck!

Hey I'd just like to say that I went through that too! I was so worried my derm wouldn't let me have Accutane. Then I got the office and the nurse was being a bit bitchy and telling me I need to be on BC for a month before starting, and then wait another month for iPledge or whatever. Then my derm came in and went 'As far as we're concerned, she's already been on birth control' and he handed me Yaz and told me to come back in a month to get my prescription :D

They are going to give me the aquaphor for free, and they gave me a lot of cetaphil samples. How is the treatment going? Did you have a bad initial breakout?

yea i had an ib. it was pretty nasty. about 2 weeks ago it got real bad, like i didnt want to leave the house. then i started using cetaphil and it got way better. i still have some zits, but now i have some confidence and the past few days i havent had anything new. i think if i was using cetaphil from the beginning, it probably wouldnt had been so bad, but then again i dont know. just wait, the time goes by pretty fast it seems. the lips i think are the worst thing about accutane. being a guy, i hate looking like im wearing lip gloss. :D and i start 80 mg tomorrow. :dance:

That would kind of disappoint me if she recommended it right off the bat like you said. I could be a dermatologist and do that all day it sounds like. Good luck!

Considering I've wasted all my money on things that never worked, and my skin hasn't looked it's best in 6 months, and I have a pageant in five months, I think it was a Godsend, thank you very much.