Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shmoopy

What do the fraxel II settings mean?

Hi -

I am hoping someone can help me understand the fraxel II laser settings. I am getting treated for pock marks, large pores, and fine lines. But, I am prone to malasma/hyperpigmentation. I asked the tech which setting she was using and she said 6 and 30-35 and did 4 passes. Does anyone know what these settings mean and what kind of results I can expect? Are they the correct settings for the treatment/results I am seeking. I just want to get my money's worth. Should I request that she do more than 4 passes? Should the laser be "turned up?"

Thanks so much!

Holli

Fraxel II Laser

1st treatment - April 25-ish (15 and she did 4 passes, don't know other number)

2nd treatment - May 31st (6, 30-35, 4 passes)

3rd treatment - scheduled for June 28th

fraxel 1 = fraxel re:fine = sr750

fraxel 2 = fraxel re:store = sr1500

fraxel 3 = fraxel re:pair = CO2 (carbon dioxide) = FDDA (fraxel deep dermal ablation)

70 mjs for pitted/boxcar and 8-12 passes

so your settings sound reasonable although id still ask for more passes and higher settings

Hi -

I am hoping someone can help me understand the fraxel II laser settings. I am getting treated for pock marks, large pores, and fine lines. But, I am prone to malasma/hyperpigmentation. I asked the tech which setting she was using and she said 6 and 30-35 and did 4 passes. Does anyone know what these settings mean and what kind of results I can expect? Are they the correct settings for the treatment/results I am seeking. I just want to get my money's worth. Should I request that she do more than 4 passes? Should the laser be "turned up?"

Thanks so much!

Holli

Fraxel II Laser

30-35 mJ is the energy delivered, which corresponds to depth of the mirco-wound created

6 is the treatment level, and represents the density of the microwounds (# of wounds per area of your skin)

Number of passes is the number of times the tech goes over your skin and is related to density (more passes = more wounds laid down)

you want higher settings for more severe scarring. the density is always important (you probably want at least TL 8). the depth is important relative to the severity of your scarring.

Hi -

Thanks so much!

Holli

Fraxel II Laser

30-35 mJ is the energy delivered, which corresponds to depth of the mirco-wound created

6 is the treatment level, and represents the density of the microwounds (# of wounds per area of your skin)

Number of passes is the number of times the tech goes over your skin and is related to density (more passes = more wounds laid down)

you want higher settings for more severe scarring. the density is always important (you probably want at least TL 8). the depth is important relative to the severity of your scarring.

Thanks for the great explaination. do you know if i should be at 8 for density even if i am prone to hyperpigmentation? i wonder if i should do a new post of this.

thanks!