Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
metalman

Who here plays an instrument?

I'm bored tonight.. so here is another pointless topics..

who here plays an instrument.. and what do you play/what style of music.

I play guitar, mainly heavy metal but some blues as well, and some acoustic stuff.

I don't play anything now but I used to play piano for 5 years and trumpet for 8 years. Pretty much once high school came, I found it all pointless. (for me atleast)

I mean, piano I was forced into it and my parents later realized I had no passion for it or anything because I never practiced.

Trumpet, I really loved. Elementary school I won an all county award for it, and high school, I was a freshman section (brass) leader, which is really unheard of as a freshman. I still loved playing and practiced everyday for hours, but my band teacher (at school) was a really dull teacher. I mean, we did a lot of reading about theories in class, and never played anything except some scales and easy boring music. This went on for all of freshman year. I just realized that it wasn't going to challenge me and I couldn't afford a private teacher so it really just faded away.

right on.. I played bass guitar in the school band.. for the most part I just taught myself everything and now pretty much just play guitar as my only instrument.

That's cool. I've always liked guitars but in elementary school they didn't have it as an instrument to play so I never picked it up. But ever since I knew what music was, it's always been rock n roll and Jimi Hendrix :wub:

i just started playing electric guitar..since im learning on my own ill admit its def tough..im into hard rock, some metal and classic rock..pretty much heavy music..and if its blues only hendrix.

Piano, 8 years. Learning Chopin, Nocturne in E-Flat as of right now.

hah!..

I know fade to black.. maybe someday I'll stop being lazy and record it for you :)

I'll be waiting for my cake :P

I've been playing a bass guitar for nearly three years now. It helps me not to worry about my skin. :dance:

voice: opera, bulgarian, and screaming rock

giiiitar: delta blues, easter/indian, rock :D

oh and didgeridoo! and some bass. and a little bit of pennywhistle.

i've been playing the cello and drums for a while and i can do anything from classical to rock and blues. anyone want to start up a band? :D

Piano, not so into it nowadays though. Learnt recorder and flute in primary school haha. Pretty shitty on a guitar, still. Been having more fun with cd decks than I ever have with an instrument, though the keyboard makes for good samples. Oh, and I can play the didge.

No hip hop is not life then? :rolleyes:

hip hop, as in reall hip-hop not the shit thats out today..is real good music..music people can relate to, and its very poetic..