Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just spent half an hour trying to get all the makeup out of my EM flat top brush. I use baby shampoo and mild hand soap (dial foam stuff) and I soaked them for a while and then rinsed and gently rubbed in the soaps again. All of them turned out fine except the flat tops. I kept squeezing out the water before laying them on a towel and makeup colored water kept oozing out for 20 minutes. I don't know what else I can do and still keep the brushes intact, any tips? I'm just worried that like if I don't fully clean them that they will make my skin breakout or will the handsoap stop this? This is gettin really old!

Add a little bit of soap (at most, half a pea) directly onto bristles and keep on swirling the brush bristles until you get a good lather. Rinse, and then build up another lather with the soap that's still inside the bristles, and rinse. I lather-and-rinse each brush at least ten times, until the bristle tips are completely white, and water coming from the brush is clear, and no more soap foams from the bristles.

I've been doing this for half a year and my brushes are fine. HTH

Add a little bit of soap (at most, half a pea) directly onto bristles and keep on swirling the brush bristles until you get a good lather. Rinse, and then build up another lather with the soap that's still inside the bristles, and rinse. I lather-and-rinse each brush at least ten times, until the bristle tips are completely white, and water coming from the brush is clear, and no more soap foams from the bristles.

I've been doing this for half a year and my brushes are fine. HTH

That is a the method I use, and I do it after each time I use the brushes. I was afraid to use that with my BM brushes, but it worked just fine. I do blot the excess water off of them on a towel and then lay the flat to dry.

What works best for me is actually a method that's very simple, and doesn't involve buying anything special. I put some shampoo or dish detergent in some hot water, let it lather up, swirl my brushes in that cleansing water, then rinse them in cold water, making sure that the water ends up clear. I lay them flat on some paper towel and let them dry. I usually do it at night, so they can dry overnight and be ready to use in the morning.

That's what has worked well for me for years. I hope you find a method that works well for you!

I just spent half an hour trying to get all the makeup out of my EM flat top brush. I use baby shampoo and mild hand soap (dial foam stuff) and I soaked them for a while and then rinsed and gently rubbed in the soaps again. All of them turned out fine except the flat tops. I kept squeezing out the water before laying them on a towel and makeup colored water kept oozing out for 20 minutes. I don't know what else I can do and still keep the brushes intact, any tips? I'm just worried that like if I don't fully clean them that they will make my skin breakout or will the handsoap stop this? This is gettin really old!

MAC makes an excellent brush cleanser. Its $10 and I love it. It cleans my flat top brush very well