Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I am using the acne product OXY. I use the daily wash and the daily cleansing pads. I have noticed its a strong product lets start there. When I started using it I had a small problem around my face but I noticed the heat in florida with it becoming summer the acne was getting worse. When I used this product it brought out the acne I didnt even know was there. Im believe it is part of the cleansing process and because its so strong.

Now I have a queston for people out there. Has this happen to anyone else using this product and is it normal? I dont want to go calling them if its happend to anyone else. I use the daily was in the morning then the pads in the afternoon and before i go to bed. Should I start doing something diffrent or should I add another product like the spot treatment, or do the wash more often.

Any tips would be much appreciated and Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you. :think::)

I think I had the same experience as you. I began using 'OXY Deep Cleansing Wash' last year, but I didn't use the whole set of OXY products. Now, I quit using it. After using it for a year, I realized that the product contains potassium hydroxide and sodium hydroxide (both are strong alkalis). So, I guess the pH isn't suitable for the skin. Also I did a search for the list of comedogenic ingredients on the internet. The product I used actually contains some of them. I really regret using the product.

When I had mild acne, that stuff never worked, in fact it made it worse. I used a product called Acne Free, it's like proactive but for some reason it really worked! It really helped clear my skin when I had mild to moderate acne. It is a little drying so I would use a moisturizer. I used Hope in a Jar from Sephora. It really made my skin look and feel great! I would also recommend Cetaphils moisturizer.

Good luck!!

If it wasn't for oxy I wouldn't have a forhead of scarring, don't use it. It works for the first couple days, then gets worse so you start to use it more and it just gets worse.