Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evedy

Regret Starting Iso So Late!!!

Hey, been meaning to register here for a while now... but anyway, at least im here now!

I started iso (accutane as its mostly referred to here) just over 3 weeks ago.. and I am sooo gutted that I never opted for this treatment when I was offered it about 11 years ago (I was about 19 and it was rejected because of side effects, and menstruation I believe...)!

My bf recently finished his iso course with amazing results... then suddenly my skin decided to rebel, which led to me returning to a dermo to get this wonder drug!

I was told not to expect anything to improve in the first 4 weeks... but I actualy have before and after pictures in 3 weeks... Im utterly amazed.

Here:

Before and After Photo

I assume my skin is going to go the opposite way and disapoint me though... is this the case?

Eve

post-77407-1212800064_thumb.jpg

post-77407-1212800064_thumb.jpg

Hey, thanks guys :D I really hope this lasts, im so happy! I hope u lot get the same results... spots (and their family memnbers :@) r so difficult to live with huh?

Raggamuffin, I am on 20mg...

I was thinking, do I have to go up doses if its working at 20mg? and is there like a amount of time to complete the course no matter how good results are this early? (ie, could i maybe do a 3 month course, vs the mentioned 5?)

me to!!!!

i didnt know about anything like accutane existed till last year. im 27 now. ive had acne since i was 12 about.

iso cleared me completely i just wish i had gone to see my doc when i was in my late teen early 20's.

im glad your skin has cleared and everything goes well for you

My dermo offered me Accutane when I was 15 but I declined because I was afraid of the ib, the chapped lips and the bloody nose. Now, 10 years later I am finally taking it. I had a slight ib but it wasnt much worse than other breakuts I have had. My lips are pretty chapped but totally managable and my nose has not bled once.

amazing results. i'd like to add that i too regret starting late. if i took tane when i was first offered it would have saved me a lot of scarring and embarrassment. better late than never i suppose.

Ahh well, at least we are all wise now, and on the tane!

My skins pretty itchy alot, and my lips go from being really chapped, to okay and so on... but tbh, everything is pretty good.

My scalp is itchy alot, anyone had this and used anything for it that you can reccomend?

Eve :D

am i not getting something here ? the before and after picture are two different people. in fact, the before picture is obviously a guy and the after is a girl ??? that makes no sense. i tried reading your post and couldnt make sense of it either, explain please :confused:

LOL, how did you not notice the difference in trapz sizes between the pictures, lol...

i no mate and the more i look at it the more i cant believe i didnt notice. you should be a dectitive lol

LMAO are you lot serious?

firstly, WHY the hell would I post a pic of a guy with a spotty back, then my own (or another girls?)... unless I worked for the roaccutane company? :rolleyes:

Secondly... the pictures are not equal distances, so obviously they look different.

Anyway, yeah both pictures are me. Im a muscly girl.. end of :)

Plus cheers for the confidence boost... obviously shows how well my treatment is going!

My skins peeling on my face quite a bit now and its itchy frequently:( but im still happy, its clear (i had one little outbreak of 2 spots on my shoulder, but nothing else!)

AND I used to get greasy hair, meaning washing it pratically every day at least... now I can leave it a bit longer :D

I havnt had a spot in weeks... and yesterday I found a hugeee lump underneath my bra strap :rolleyes: bloody spot!!! I cleanly rid of it, and now its gone... ISO is AMAZING!

Im hoping it stays this good!!

Definetely looks like two different people to me...I could be wrong...but why does the left one has a brown stuff (cant remmeber hoe u say that) and the right one doesnt right in the middle?

Its quite obvious it looks like two different people, nothing detective about it, I spotted that time ago but I didn't want to be rude and post it up but I guess everyone else also spotted it.

I maybe wrong but sure looks like it. Maybe accutane also changed the skeletal formation.

Well if both are the same then great improvement and good luck with the rest of your treatment

They r both moi :) just the first is zoomed in and i have no bra on as the photo was taken for the dermotologist and the second is ust for me so I can look back and see the progression :D

Its a shame I cut my head out; then people might actually stop accusing me of lying lol... but oh well, I know how far Ive come :D

P.s.

the first was taken with my head down which highlights my traps...

second was with straight posture

Obv different shots ;)